Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones Reviews

Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones Reviews

snapacap

Warm, Bassy sound with plenty of clarity for most.

Pros: Wonderful sound, good price!

Cons: Simply silly design with Many flaws.

I think it is fair to say a quite a few of us have watched a ZeosPantera review and immediately emptied our wallets. This is one of those times.   When I first received these I was prepared with HM5 velour pads in hand and am glad i was. The first thing i noticed was how useless the stock pads are. They are too thin to be of any use, and mine smelled foul as well. I will not recommend these stock for this reason. With the stock pads it was like wearing on-ear headphones that were way too big. I then had to stretch the HM5 pads around these, which is not as easy as it is on most other headphones, but it is worth it. They are now not only bearable, but quite comfortable as well. ...
CrystalT

Quite possibly the best sub-$100 can on the market.

Pros: Open-air, 50mm drivers offer impressive extension, comfortable, light.

Cons: Unweildly cable, too large for some, glasses-wearers need-not apply, bassheads need-not apply, not collapsible.

Firstly let's get some things squared away:   I do not believe in break-in. (Burn-in for those who don't understand terminology.) I do not believe cable materials alter sound. I do not believe amping makes a large difference.   Ah, the sub-$100 market. SO much competition. I've been a self-proclaimed audiophile since late 2010. I started out with Bose Triport, and SoundMAGIC PL11. Since then, I've explored the $20-200 market very thoroughly, mostly staying in the sub-$100 market. Of this, I have had the pleasure of owning:   Audio Technica M50 (purchased for 60. I firmly believe the T500, which retails at $80, is superior to M50 sonically.) Audio...
Beocord

One of the best in it's price range

Pros: Good allrounder, Smooth pleasent sound, sub-bass extension, non fatiguing highs, detail retrival, not picky about amp and source

Cons: Loose headband, Price in EU, Soundstage and imaging is not on par with the best of it's price range

Build and comfort:   These headphones are built with quality materials. Original msrp of 149$ can clearly be seen here. A lot of metal is used. It doesn't work as well as it looks though. Part's that connect the hinges can be squeaky at times. It is caused by the spring inside the cups and metallic build emhasizes the sound. Headband is propably loose for most people. It is really huge. If Jabba The Hut was buying headphones, he would propably choose Pioneers. Luckily clamping force can be increased with easy headband mod.  It is explained here. Just don't go over board with that mod and bending the headband. Too much clamping force will increase the bass but will make the...