Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Pioneer Monitor 10 › Reviews › spikesoundman's Review

pioneer monitor 10 headphones

A Review On: Pioneer Monitor 10

Pioneer Monitor 10

spikesoundman

Pros: very impressive

Cons: none

In a quest to improve the monitor 10s, I removed the unsightly coiled cable which always kinked up.

I replaced it with my Beyer DT48 coiled cable and junction box and then built a bracket for the triangular Beyer box and attached all to the left side of the headphones. Inside is a small pcb board and it made soldering all together very simple. Works fantastic. To improve the earpads, I used the Beyer pads which I attached to the pioneer ear frame using Barge cement.This gave me the proper spacing and really improved the sonic quality and appreciation of listening. The older Beyer earpads make a better fit and are available.

I just got a set of these in the mail, and while they're a little lacking in the bass department (going to try either some new pads or some leather), these things have the best soundstage of any headphone I've heard, closed or open. I love 'em already.
How about more info about the sound?
In my quest to get new ear pads I found that
Sennheiser Hd 435 415 465 are about the same size and should fit.
get em cheap on Fleabay...
Hello,

How did you remove the cable? I'm having troule with mine. The right side works just fine but the left side has no signal...

tks