Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › Pioneer Elite N-50 network audio player  › Pioneer Elite N-50 network audio player Reviews

Pioneer Elite N-50 network audio player Reviews

project86

Another good streaming audio player - makes an excellent DAC as well

Pros: Very good sound - clean, clear, not analytical. Build quality is high, and there are tons of features

Cons: Sounds best as a DAC with external source, screen too small, no ALAC or AIFF support, no built in wireless

Pioneer Elite N-50           I’ve been covering media streamers, network audio players, or whatever you want to call them, as often as I can around here. I think HeadFi is a great audience for these types of devices – we are generally younger and more knowledgeable about computers than your average “The Absolute Sound” reader. Or at least that’s my assumption; I could be wrong. But I do see a large percentage of folks around here who completely rely on lossless audio files instead of spinning their original CDs. So I’d say we have a pretty good demand for devices that help tap in to those files.   But isn’t it...