Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Philips SHP8500/27 Hi-Fi Stereo Headphones › Philips SHP8500/27 Hi-Fi Stereo Headphones Reviews

Philips SHP8500/27 Hi-Fi Stereo Headphones Reviews

Star2806

Amazing value quality headphones

Pros: Warm sound signature, large soundstage, bass, detail, comfortable

Cons: very slightly recessed treble

Bought these from ebay for £8 including delivery .  Originally I believe they were going for £50 in 2007 then reduced to £20 - £30.  Firstly what struck me was the warm sound and nicely presented bass, no problems with bass clarity here!  They are semi-open as there are tiny holes for the hinge pivoting on the earcups.  Also they feature angled drivers so you get a wide soundstage with clear instrument separation.  They are the best headphones I have had and having had quite a few (see my profile) that is saying something, although I have never really owned expensive ones apart from the Sennheiser HD598 which lacked bass in my opinion, and the Philips Fidelio X1,...
mwijayak

Entry level

Pros: Cheap,good quality,long cable,good cable

Cons: Not to comfort

I bought this cans for about $30,for me its bang for bucks,once i've tried grado sr60,for me the grado is too bright, also for the sr80 is to Pricey for me.. Maybe other users can give a good comparison on the detail,or it's justmy ears made from plastic, any way this actually nice cans for entry level ^_^