Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) Reviews

Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) Reviews

gopats1479

The Best for the Price. Period.

Pros: Very pleasant sound signature, comfortable for many ear shapes and sizes, incredible value

Cons: Prefers a shallow seal, cheap build quality, slightly thin sound

Accessories: Three sizes of single-flange silicone eartips. Build Quality/Design: This is probably the only part of these IEMs that feels like it belongs at the price point. The housings are entirely plastic and don't feel extremely durable but not extremely fragile either. Little driver flex is present. The cable is very poorly relieved, with no strain relief at the housing end and stiff relief at the 1/8" plug. The Y-split is minimal and not relieved either, but it feels like it will be less of an issue than the housing. The cable is very plasticky and thin, especially above the Y-split. However, it does not carry much cable noise worn cable-down and almost none cable-up. The design of...
endlessbender

Unbelievable sound quality and durability for the price.

Pros: Tight bass, lightweight, inexpensive

Cons: Short cord

I picked these up as a quick replacement for my H20Audio in ear headphones that had failed. I run frequently, 3+ times a week and had been using waterproof headphones to combat the sweat that quickly ruined all of my Apple in-ear headphones (and others). I figured for the price, I could buy ten of these Philips sets for the price of the H20Audios. Imagine my surprise when I put them in and they have far less cord noise, and much higher fidelity than the more expensive sets. Unbelievable sound quality and durability for the price. They also look brand new and haven't failed (at the headphone jack connector, or one ear, as often happens to me) in more than a year of heavy abuse. Abuse...
Bola 7

One of the biggest bargain of market

Pros: amazing sound for price, cheap, small, comfortable, great isolation, many color options

Cons: build quality

The SHE3590 was the biggest surprise I've had in years. it's decently balanced, has good but not overwhelming bass, and generally sounds clear and surprisingly refined.   Others reviews:   http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/2013-innerfidelity-holiday-gift-guide-page-3 http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/
Tom22

Definite Buy! If you are a bargain hunter looking for great sound (under $20), its a no brainer!

Pros: fantastic sounding, great isolation, small footprint

Cons: cable build quality is a underwhelming (tougher than it looks), cheap feel, only provided 3 silicone tips

Review of the Philips SHE 3590- a miracle under $20 (can actually be had on ebay under 15$ or 10$) First I would like to say that I’m sad that Philips is discontinuing this gem. The pair I’m reviewing is my 2nd pair(in the pink, yes it was the last pair left in the store, but I learning to enjoy the colour) after nearly 3 years of faithful service from my first pair. I’m curious if they changed the sound since the last time I heard them. Please brace yourself the first few paragraphs may give off the feeling of disappointment, but please read on, specifically the comfort and ergonomicsand sound quality tell a completely different story. And despite these shortcomings, I still think that...
fluffyberry

cheap shouldnt sound this good

Pros: inexpensize, decent bass, quite sturdy build

Cons: microphonics, muddy highs

Sooooo...after 2 years of faithful service, my trusty westone um1s have finally played their last song and died (the left earpiece has no sound coming out of it) so i figured it was time to get a new pair. I've since ordered the eytomic hf5, but until they got here, i needed another pair because apple earbuds hurt my ears. As such, i got another set of these guys, which also happen to be the first ever set of in ears i ever purchased, and i was not disappointed...again   These are incredible, simply put, for the price that you pay. i let them burn in for about 3 hrs before plugging them into my ipod classic and pulling up a bunch of 320kbps mp3 tracks. The first thing that...
MrSheep

Fantastic Earphones!

Pros: Great sound quality, very comfortable, high isolation, price

Cons: Microphonics, no pouch included

Pros:   -Great sound quality -Very Comfortable -High isolation -Price   Cons:   -Microphonics -No pouch included