Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Philips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphones › Philips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphones Reviews

Philips SHE3580/28 In-Ear Headphones Reviews

UnknownVT

Incredible

Pros: SQ, sub-bass extension, price, size

Cons: stiff cable, microphonics

Hi I'm new here, and probably considered a neophyte at Head-Fi - however I have long favored listening on headphones - that is back to the days when they were those big clunky things that covered ones ears. Eventually I purchased a pair of the now legendary Sony MDR-V6 - after reading Consumer Reports sometime around the mid '80s, just after they first came out.  They may be a bit too bright for my current tastes, but still sound really good, with good but not intrusive extended bass - and those had been my benchmark since. I flirted with various earbuds because I like the compact carrying size and by taking advantage of the ear cavity - those tiny speakers can manage to...
droilfade

Philips SHE3580

Pros: Bass, Clear highs, Price, Overall sound quality

Cons: Flimsy cable, noise through the cable

I did not expect much out of this headphone and bought just because I can. If nothing else, I thought, I can use this as a disposable headphone on one of my trips and not worry about losing them. But, I could not be more wrong.   This pair has become my daily driver. The 3580 has bass and sub-bass that can compete with $100 headphones. And it is not muddy in the slightest. This is pure, clean and not overpowering bass that sometimes my ATH-M50 does with some songs. The highs are crisp and clear.    Plugged in with my FiiO E7 and sansa clip+ I just got lost for two hours in my own world last night all the while wondering how can these be so good at this price!...