Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Philips Fidelio S2 › Philips Fidelio S2 Reviews

Philips Fidelio S2 Reviews

Positive Reviews

Chiek

Srong, warm, rich and exciting sound. Pefect for mountain biking.

Pros: The exquisite sound first and foremost, sturdy and stylish design, five pairs of rubber fits, price. Great when biking with my helmut on.

Cons: Remote control has no volume adjustment capability

Philips products are world renowned for quality and good pricing.Sure enough I was not disappointed. Worth every dollar of the US $150 I paid for. I would pay more for this beautiful piece of audio engineering that will be my perfect companions when I go mountain biking in the forest. The ear pieces that came ready for use sit well in my ears and should stay on while I ride those bumpy trails in the forest. I listen mostly to folk rock and acoustic music. I test listened my new friend to Gabe Dixon's 'Even the Rain' on my Ipod touch. At half the volume setting, the song played sweet and strong and punchy with well balanced treble and base that gave me an extremely warm full-bodied...

Negative Reviews

Jemuillot

Lack of bass, harsh mid-high, almost sibilance in female vocal songs, aggressive lead guitar.

Pros: Golden looks, flat-cable, cable case, a pack of ear-pieces

Cons: Lack of bass, harsh mid-high, almost ess in female vocal songs, aggressive lead guitar.

As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service.   After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I finally confirm that the sound quality of S2 is bad.   First of all, I could not hear any bass instrument in most of music. It's less even than V-Sonic VS1D.    And the High-Mid is boosted too much. The sibilance of female voices is very noisy. Listen to J-Pop is in hell.   The over boosted High-mids also make electronic guitar aggressive, thus the Solo part of E-Guitar is also in hell.   I finally buy JVC FX-850 as my only IEM now, and S2 is sealed in the...