Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Phiaton PS 200 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with Dual Micro Transducers (Woofer andTweeter) › Phiaton PS 200 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with Dual Micro Transducers (Woofer andTweeter) Reviews

12345142

The long review

Pros: airy and wide soundstage, great speed and detail, well built and cool looking

Cons: slightly large, bass isn't very powerful, may be too bright for some

Fit and finish The PS200 fits well in my ear canals, although the body is on the large side. Because of this, they constantly push against my antitragus, making it sore after a while. However, I doubt this will happen to other users. Isolation is quite good; they isolate about as well as my ER6s, despite using single-flange tips. However, the tips are quite thick, and don't squish down quite as easily as the ones supplied with my other earphones. I haven't tried Sony's 'hybrid' earpieces, but I would assume those are softer and thinner. The earphones’ build is no less than what I would expect for $250. The ‘jet engines’ are solid aluminum, and the cable is mostly well relieved, except...
jwhitakr

Phiaton PS 200 - my experience

Pros: Nice style; sweet sound; very comfortable to wear; nifty carrying case.

Cons: Weak bass; pricey at retail of $249

Design A silver housing, accented by a black nozzle and a black "fan blade" back, gives the PS200 a unique look.  The fan blade back has a look similar to a jet engine (although this visual cue has no real impact on the acoustics of the earphones).  I rather like the design as it sets the earphones apart from generic looking earphones, without looking gaudy or ostentatious.   At the heart of the PS200 are dual BA drivers with a passive crossover network.  A silver housing, accented by a black nozzle and a black "fan blade" design, set the PS200 apart from generic earphones.  I like the design and color scheme, it looks sleek without looking overly flashy.   Sound Quality The...
mhoopes

Outstandingly realistic sound, once fit was dialed in (Comply TX-100 large)

Pros: Natural soundstage & imaging, good treble extension, smooth midrange, great for jazz & classical

Cons: Light bass and fatiguing treble with stock tips, poor cord strain reliefs, finicky ergonomics

Disclosure: my hearing is not the greatest. I find myself tweaking equalization to around +3 dB starting at 8 kHz, and up to +8 dB at 10 kHz. I still have somewhat critical tastes, but not what I'd consider "audiophile-level". That said, I'm looking for realism, and a good match with my ears, spectrally and ergonomically, for long listening sessions. I listen to a wide range of music, but wanted a new set of IEMs for jazz/classical critical use, without spending too far into diminishing returns, considering my short-bus audiometric deficits.   Other IEMs in my possession: Shure E2c, Jays d-JAYS. Those two did a passable job, and got me through many a trans-Pacific flight, but I...
EnjoyMusic

Phiaton PS200: One of the Best earphones with sparkling highs...*conditions apply

Pros: Sparkling highs, excellent mids, good bass and beautiful soundstage

Cons: too much highs (for some) especially at high volumes

Recommendations: TX100 Comply foam tips (MUST), wear it over-the-ear Avoid: Too high volumes, default tips   Out of the box they sound a bit harsh, but we can feel its pleasant soundstage. After 20 hrs of burn-in (driver) harshness reduced significantly but it bothered in quite a few recordings. Before returning them back I want to try them with Comply foam Tx100 tips which might increase the base and reduce high peaks to certain extent. Once I replaced with comply TX100 foam tips these headphones began to SING...REALLY TRUST ME. Typical sonic character: decent bass, excellent mids and excellent highs all together clubbed with BEAUTIFUL SOUNDSTAGE. You should listen to...