Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Parasound D/AC 1100 › Parasound D/AC 1100 Reviews

Parasound D/AC 1100 Reviews

RudeWolf

The Gentle Giant - Parasound D/AC-1600

Pros: PSU rarely seen nowadays in similar priced DACs, great sound quality, value for money, easy to mod.

Cons: Objectionable choice of output buffer, runs fairly hot, maxes out at 16/48, big and heavy.

This will be more of an impressions paper rather than a full fledged review. I haven't got much experience with DACs and a Buffalo3+Ivy is the best I've heard. This is the first multibit DAC I've heard so I cannot tell if it has *that* multibit sound or not. I just know that it sounds different to all of the DACs I've heard before.   First of all some facts- this DAC was made in the year 1995 which wasn't the golden age of audio (I regard 80-ies being the Golden age) but one could say it was the time when the CD was at its height. The D/AC-1600 along with its cousins was meant to accompany disc transports and maximize the sound quality that can be extracted from the data they...