Cheap and Surprisingly... Good?

A Review On: Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black)

Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black)

BloodyPenguin
Posted · 1145 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Comfort, Lightness, Decent Sound

Cons: Short Cord, Cheap Adjustment

I LOVE music, but have never had an "Ok" pair of headphones.  So I about a year ago I spent a few days looking for the best inexpensive pair I could afford.

I read hundreds of reviews and finally came up with two to chose from:  The Panasonic RP-HTX7 and the Koss PortaPro.

As they are different, I decided to get both pairs from bhphotovideo (both for good prices and still might be).

But as this is the RP-HTX7 Thread, I will stick to that for now (plus nothing I could really say about the PortaPro that has not been said already).

Anyhooo.  I let the RP-HTX7 be "burned" in overnight as it played through hundreds of songs on my computer.  I ended up trying them the next day and was happy with the sound.

Over the year I have used them in situations where I wanted to have at least a little sound isolating (otherwise I just find myself reaching for my PortaPro's).

As I am new to the "Hi-Fi" world, I can not review these in too much of a technical way.  I can just say that the Hi's are good and the Bass is just ok (I will need to try the "hole mod" and see if that helps).

This has been said by others, but the light weight of these small cans is great.  They can be worn for long periods of time without too much discomfort.  They also seem to stay much cooler than other pairs I have tried in the past.

As of late I have not been using these much though.  My girlfriend as "stolen" them for her MacBook.  I think for her they are perfect.  She can not tell the difference from a $2 pair to a $1000 pair.  But it makes me happy to know at least she is using a decent set for her ears.

However, as I will most likely mod them later in this same day...  I might be stealing them right back from her if I like the results.

I did do the "Bass" mod.  I must say, I did notice a slight difference.  Not enough to change anything in my review though.

Over a year using the RP-HTX7 and I still feel these are a good pair of inexpensive over-the-ear headphones.  Sounds is simple and clear.

1 Comment:

With a bit of amplification you can clear up the sound a bit. Modifications are easy...