Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black) › Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black) Reviews

Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black) Reviews

FYLegend

Good portable headphones for under 50$

Pros: Fun sound for the price, decent highs with lots of shimmer, good soundstage, lightweight yet durable

Cons: Recessed mids, rolled-off bass, highs may be too bright for some, earpads and headband wear out over time.

These were my first over-ear headphones, and I read a lot of good things about these headphones before buying them. I got them for 40$ (Canadian) at Future Shop as they were on clearance. I've used it for about 2 years before I upgraded to the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x.   Design Despite their looks, they are quite durable and aren't prone to breaking. The retro aesthetic is also very nice.   The downsides in the design are to be expected in a headphone at this price. The earpads and headband do wear out over time and the headband isn't replaceable. The earpads can be replaced but as far as I know new earpads are only sold on AliExpress.   8/10   Comfort These...
steveww

Excellent for the money

Pros: Decent sound quality for the price, light weight, comfortable and cool retro looks

Cons: Not much really

Having been told good things by others about these and I love their retro looks I purchased a pair to use on my commute. At the price I will not be too distraught if I leave them on the train, drop them or otherwise bring their useful life to a premature end. They are nice and light in weight thus not adding much to my laptop bag and Mac Book Pro for lugging about. The sound quality is very good and they  are easily driven by my iPod Classic. The base is a bit thin and lacking in absolue depth and slam. The treble can be a bit "spity" and sibilant and ultimate transparency is limited. Having said that it all works together well and produces a very listenable sound. With their...
BloodyPenguin

Cheap and Surprisingly... Good?

Pros: Comfort, Lightness, Decent Sound

Cons: Short Cord, Cheap Adjustment

I LOVE music, but have never had an "Ok" pair of headphones.  So I about a year ago I spent a few days looking for the best inexpensive pair I could afford. I read hundreds of reviews and finally came up with two to chose from:  The Panasonic RP-HTX7 and the Koss PortaPro.   As they are different, I decided to get both pairs from bhphotovideo (both for good prices and still might be).   But as this is the RP-HTX7 Thread, I will stick to that for now (plus nothing I could really say about the PortaPro that has not been said already).     Anyhooo.  I let the RP-HTX7 be "burned" in overnight as it played through hundreds of...