Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black)

Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black)

Pros: Decent sound quality for the price, light weight, comfortable and cool retro looks

Cons: Not much really

Having been told good things by others about these and I love their retro looks I purchased a pair to use on my commute. At the price I will not be too distraught if I leave them on the train, drop them or otherwise bring their useful life to a premature end.

They are nice and light in weight thus not adding much to my laptop bag and Mac Book Pro for lugging about. The sound quality is very good and they  are easily driven by my iPod Classic. The base is a bit thin and lacking in absolue depth and slam. The treble can be a bit "spity" and sibilant and ultimate transparency is limited. Having said that it all works together well and produces a very listenable sound.

With their cool retro look, decent sound and low price point you can't go wrong with a pair of these.

Pros: Comfort, Lightness, Decent Sound

Cons: Short Cord, Cheap Adjustment

I LOVE music, but have never had an "Ok" pair of headphones.  So I about a year ago I spent a few days looking for the best inexpensive pair I could afford.

I read hundreds of reviews and finally came up with two to chose from:  The Panasonic RP-HTX7 and the Koss PortaPro.

As they are different, I decided to get both pairs from bhphotovideo (both for good prices and still might be).

But as this is the RP-HTX7 Thread, I will stick to that for now (plus nothing I could really say about the PortaPro that has not been said already).

Anyhooo.  I let the RP-HTX7 be "burned" in overnight as it played through hundreds of songs on my computer.  I ended up trying them the next day and was happy with the sound.

Over the year I have used them in situations where I wanted to have at least a little sound isolating (otherwise I just find myself reaching for my PortaPro's).

As I am new to the "Hi-Fi" world, I can not review these in too much of a technical way.  I can just say that the Hi's are good and the Bass is just ok (I will need to try the "hole mod" and see if that helps).

This has been said by others, but the light weight of these small cans is great.  They can be worn for long periods of time without too much discomfort.  They also seem to stay much cooler than other pairs I have tried in the past.

As of late I have not been using these much though.  My girlfriend as "stolen" them for her MacBook.  I think for her they are perfect.  She can not tell the difference from a $2 pair to a $1000 pair.  But it makes me happy to know at least she is using a decent set for her ears.

However, as I will most likely mod them later in this same day...  I might be stealing them right back from her if I like the results.

I did do the "Bass" mod.  I must say, I did notice a slight difference.  Not enough to change anything in my review though.

Over a year using the RP-HTX7 and I still feel these are a good pair of inexpensive over-the-ear headphones.  Sounds is simple and clear.

Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black)

Panasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Old School Monitor Headphones (Black)

BindingElectronics
BrandPanasonic
Colorblack
EAN0037988261642
FeatureLarge-diameter driver units 40mm (1-9/16")
Height9.4 inches
Product GroupCE
Product Type NameHEADPHONES
PublisherPanasonic
StudioPanasonic
TitlePanasonic RP-HTX7PP-K Retro Style Monitor Headphones (Black)
UPC037988261642
Is Autographed0
Is Memorabilia0
Legal DisclaimerWarranty does not cover misuse of product.