Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor › Reviews › BloodyPenguin's Review

Budget Cans, Ok Sound

A Review On: Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor

BloodyPenguin

Pros: Warm, Long Cord, Inexpensive

Cons: Sound Leaks, Lacks Clarity

First off, not that this really matters, but great packaging.  Looks like it is some fancy expensive pair before you even take it out of the box.

Second, once they are in your hands, they feel a lot better than a $30ish pair of headphones should.  They also don't look all that bad.

My thoughts after taking the time to properly burn them in.

The Highs are there.  Maybe not the strongest part of the RP-HTF600, but they are clear enough and not too sharp.

The Mids are eh.  Slightly recessed and warm.

The Lows are ok.  They thump, but they sound a little muddy to me.

The Soundstage is not bad at all.  Full sound, though things can get cluttered.

There is a slight issue with these as they leak sound in and out.  I would have thought there would have been a little more sound isolation.

Overall, these are not "that" great.  They are just fine for the price.  I used them as my beater pair for random things here and there.

Hey good review on them. I still use mine every day. Good to see other headfiers enjoy these.
I still am very skeptical of any flavor of the month headphone under $100. No headphones anymore is worth buying under $100.
I've updated my orignal review. After purchasing other headphones, these just seem so muddy, cluttered and messy. All which are most likely the same thing.
I know they are only $36, but for that price, my PortaPros are better in almost every way. And forget about even trying to listen to the RP-HTF600 after spending sometime with my Digitech Jaycar Clones.
I know a lot of people like these and time after time I got back to the RP-HTF600 and give them "One last try", only to be disappointed yet again.