Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Panasonic RP-DJS400-W DJ Street Model Headphones (White) › Panasonic RP-DJS400-W DJ Street Model Headphones (White) Reviews

Panasonic RP-DJS400-W DJ Street Model Headphones (White) Reviews

milanfistonich

great bass

Pros: really good sounding bass, portable, acceptable mids

Cons: not much treble, only comfortable for 1hr

My dad bought these for me in duty free in Korea, and he got and absolute rip off because he didn't have time to shop around or look on amazon. But i'm guessing the average price is about $60 NZD, so i'll rate the value based on that. Treble The treble on these headphones are quite lacking on these headphones but i guess that's what you get on $60 headphones, however if you boost the treble it can be acceptable because it's still very detailed. Mids The mids too are acceptable but lacking. I was disappointed because guitars don't seem to sound as thick on these headphones. Bass The bass is absolutely AMAZING on these cans. It's sure not lacking and it's extremely thick and...
Bas82

Panasonic RP-DJS400 Black

Pros: Very good bass, good isolation, acceptable mids and treble

Cons: Very recessed highs, somewhat uncomfortable after a couple of hours, build quality

Preliminary words   As english is not my mother tongue, please pardon me for grammatical mistakes (I shouldn't have so many spelling mistakes, but... who knows  ).     Introduction   I bought this as a result of a search to replace my JVC HAS160. This are in a different league, but I didn't want to use my Sennheiser HD 25-1-II as a portable headphone. Though I love how the Senn sounds, its technical approach should not be used on, for example, the subway.   I was looking for a deeper sound of what could be provided by the JVCs, in a closed back format. My 1st gen PX100 certainly go deeper in bass terms than the JVCs, but everything is...
elemein

Overall decent headphones with sad build quality

Pros: Nice, clean bass - Visible Mids - Detailed Treble

Cons: While Treble is detailed it seems almost "lower pitched" than it actually is, and while the mids are quite precent, it's nothing special.

The first thing I want to say right out of the box is that I paid 78$ for these headphones on CANADIAN Amazon, so if you're in Canada, expect to get these headphones for double the price.   So let me go over this review in a modular way, it just seems to flow much easier for me.   For whether these headphones need an amp or not, I can definetely say NO. An amp is NOT required at all! These phones drive very easily and cleanly, and while they could benefit from an amp (I feel like they're holding a bit of their potential back), they definetely can be driven quite well without any amp whatsoever.   As for comfort, the pads of the headphones are... Okay. It's...