Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Ortofon e-Q8 in-ear earphones › Ortofon e-Q8 in-ear earphones Reviews

Ortofon e-Q8 in-ear earphones Reviews

fonzler

Ortofon e-Q8 Review (with e-Q5 comparison)

Pros: Clear, energetic yet non-offensive sound with fast and punchy bass, Excellent for female vocals

Cons: Terrible cable, unextended bass

Released earlier this year, the e-Q8s are a pair of single balanced armature (BA) driver earphones which are the new flagship to Ortofon’s long stagnant IEM lineup. I purchased mine not too long after their release in April 2014 for 36930 yen (approx. USD 350) and so at the time of writing have approximately six months of experience with them as my daily driver IEMs. I will be providing comparisons to their entry level model, the e-Q5, which I also own.   Package and Contents         The e-Q8 comes packaged very nicely. The external box is a very shiny silver cardboard, which contains a stiff, felt-lined box, almost like one you might receive from a jewelry...
youngsm10

A good achievement and almost a great one

Pros: Amazing Bass quality, great instument separation, lightning fast, and good response throughout the frequency range

Cons: The upper mid peak spoilt it for me

Ortofon EQ8 review, with some comparison to the Ortofon EQ7 and EQ5   Ortofon have now released a follow up to the very successful EQ7 from 2009 and the EQ5 in 2010.       [IMG ALT=""]http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/1114662/width/350/height/700[/IMG]   EQ8   The Ortofon E-Q8, Are they any good and how do they compare to the EQ5 and and the EQ7? Who am I to judge anyway? Well we will get to the former later, the latter you can judge for yourself, but to help I'll tell you a little about my history with Iems and how I like to use then. I listen to all types of music from classical and opera to metal, indie and pop. I always listen directly...
shigzeo

ortofon's best rock'n roll earphone to date

Pros: great fit, good isolation, aggressive, but not fatiguing sound

Cons: bass detail and impact are lower than mid details and impact

I picked up these earphones a few weeks ago from Musica Acoustics. I'm a fan of ortofon's earlier earphones, though more a fan of the e-Q5 than the e-Q7. The e-Q8 provides a more nuanced listen than the e-Q7, mainly in that it is more forward, more bitey. It is quite a bit more aggressive than the e-Q5, but not fatiguing from too much high emphasis. What it does possibly overdue is upper mids. I think some people will find it a bit too much. With the right genres: folk, rock, small ensemble vocal, traditional, it is phenomenal. Not a fan of it with trance or classical.   I recently did a full review of it at Ω image. The below text is lifted straight from the review. Pictures, more...