Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Ortofon e-Q8 in-ear earphones › Ortofon e-Q8 in-ear earphones Reviews

Ortofon e-Q8 in-ear earphones Reviews

youngsm10

A good achievement and almost a great one

Pros: Amazing Bass quality, great instument separation, lightning fast, and good response throughout the frequency range

Cons: The upper mid peak spoilt it for me

Ortofon EQ8 review, with some comparison to the Ortofon EQ7 and EQ5   Ortofon have now released a follow up to the very successful EQ7 from 2009 and the EQ5 in 2010.       [IMG ALT=""]http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/1114662/width/350/height/700[/IMG]   EQ8   The Ortofon E-Q8, Are they any good and how do they compare to the EQ5 and and the EQ7? Who am I to judge anyway? Well we will get to the former later, the latter you can judge for yourself, but to help I'll tell you a little about my history with Iems and how I like to use then. I listen to all types of music from classical and opera to metal, indie and pop. I always listen directly...
shigzeo

ortofon's best rock'n roll earphone to date

Pros: great fit, good isolation, aggressive, but not fatiguing sound

Cons: bass detail and impact are lower than mid details and impact

I picked up these earphones a few weeks ago from Musica Acoustics. I'm a fan of ortofon's earlier earphones, though more a fan of the e-Q5 than the e-Q7. The e-Q8 provides a more nuanced listen than the e-Q7, mainly in that it is more forward, more bitey. It is quite a bit more aggressive than the e-Q5, but not fatiguing from too much high emphasis. What it does possibly overdue is upper mids. I think some people will find it a bit too much. With the right genres: folk, rock, small ensemble vocal, traditional, it is phenomenal. Not a fan of it with trance or classical.   I recently did a full review of it at Ω image. The below text is lifted straight from the review. Pictures, more...