Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Onkyo IE-FC300 In-Ear Headphones › Reviews › theinvertedsky's Review

The Onkyo IE-FC300

A Review On: Onkyo IE-FC300 In-Ear Headphones

Onkyo IE-FC300 In-Ear Headphones

Rated # 277 in Universal Fit
theinvertedsky

Pros: Nice, fun sound signature

Cons: Fit and durability

Design: The body of these buds are really large, especially the driver portion which I feel is fairly thick. They are comfortable if the large drivers do fit on the outer portion of your ear but people with small ears will probably experience some discomfort. The detachable cables are a dual pronged sword. Its nice that you can switch out the cables if you want to, but as I have experienced connectors shorting out on my previous pair (sent them back to onkyo on warranty to have them replaced) I found that I am hestitant to be rough with these in fear that the connector issue may happen again on this second pair. Who knows, maybe its just that one pair that had connector problems.

Highs: These have nice highs though they do not reach the highest up and lack just a little sparkle I felt that they are clear and enjoyable

Mids: Great mids, I love mid centricness which seems to be a niche group, however, these are not that mid centric (probably b/c of the bass). Vocals sound great, the singers take front stage and you can really feel the emotion on better quality tracks.

Lows: The lows are fairly powerful and are the main feature of these onkyos. Its very plentiful without being overpowering. They could be a little tighter but I'm not complaining, its great for the price range that it is in.

Soundstage/Resolution: These have a pretty wide soundstage for its type, very impressed. As for detail, they are not bad but I recommend some hifiman buds instead if that's what you are looking for.

Conclusion: The Onkyos are very good for a sub $100 iem. They are a lot of fun and I find them a good travel set as they have a shallow seal and fun signature that makes listening on public transportation very enjoyed.

I also found that these benefit greatly from amping. Even with my fiio e6 amp their resolution has sharpened and the bass has tightened up quite a bit. I have also seen many people on head fi report that they have noticed big differences with burn in.

I hope you guys get a chance to try these sometime in the future!

Comments: