Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Onkyo ES-HF300(S) On-Ear Headphones, Silver › Onkyo ES-HF300(S) On-Ear Headphones, Silver Reviews

Onkyo ES-HF300(S) On-Ear Headphones, Silver Reviews

Trunks159

Really Easy To Love, These Don't Really Do Anything Wrong

Pros: Aesthetics, Build Quality, Price, Balance, Subbass

Cons: Lower mids Recession, Bass Emphasis, Pad Size and Depth

Introduction: This was an impulse purchase.  Not that it was hyped much (trust me, it isn’t), I just wanted to buy an on ear headphone, and these sort of showed up.  They’re relatively new so I wondered if they’d be a diamond in the rough among some pretty stiff competition (V-Moda  M80, UE6000, Martin Logan Mikros 90, ATH M50, ATH WS99, MDR -1R, and many many more).   Build Quality, Aesthetics, Comfort, Gripes: First off I’d rate the build quality as very good.   I don’t see any structural flaws.  The cup themselves I believe are aluminum, and the core of the headband is also a really strong metal.  There is some plastic in the construction,...
HeretixAevum

Well built, great looking and excellent sounding headphone hindered by comfort and ergonomic issues

Pros: Sound quality, good isolation, great modern looks, sturdy build quality, good value performance

Cons: Ergonomic niggles, uncomfortable for me

Onkyo's entry into the headphone game   After selling my V-Moda M80s due to discomfort and trading my Shure se215s due to finding ergonomic issues with IEMs in general, my search for a portable headphone continued. As a subscriber to Innerfidelity, I opened youtube one day to see Tyll's new review of the ES-FC300 and ES-HF300 headphones from Onkyo. Portables! I knew Tyll typically only reviews things he likes, so I gave it a watch. He sure seemed impressed with them! And they looked like they were much closer to circumaural headphones, maybe they'd be much more comfortable for me than the past on ears I've tried? I bought the HF version that day and waited for delivery. Here is...