Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Onkyo ES-FC300 On-Ear Headphones › Onkyo ES-FC300 On-Ear Headphones Reviews

Onkyo ES-FC300 On-Ear Headphones Reviews

Dragonzeanse

Affordable Sound Quality On the Go: Onkyo ES-FC300

Pros: Fantastic bass presence, balanced sound signature, stylish aesthetics, lightweight

Cons: Not the most comfortable, some build quality issues, awful connector, overpriced cables, lack of replacement pads

Introduction: Before I begin this review, I would like to point out that I have owned two of these headphones. The first unit was a used pair that seemed to have more damage than Amazon Warehouse suggested, and my current unit, I purchased for $100. This was a total bargain, and I would argue that it is worth the price - provided you can deal with the complaints that I have for these headphones. You can't get the cream of the crop at $100-150, but that doesn't excuse some of the issues I have.   Packaging & Accessories: Out of the box, the accessories list leaves quite a bit to be desired. Not that I mind, of course, since I'd rather buy a cheaper pair of headphones with less...
Trunks159

Queen Of All Trades

Pros: Build, Looks, Do Nothing Wrong

Cons: Lower mids Recession, Bass Emphasis

Introduction: This was an impulse purchase.  Not that it was hyped much (trust me, it isn’t), I just wanted to buy an on ear headphone, and these sort of showed up.  They’re relatively new so I wondered if they’d be a diamond in the rough among some pretty stiff competition (V-Moda  M80, UE6000, Martin Logan Mikros 90, ATH M50, ATH WS99, MDR -1R, and many many more).   Build Quality, Aesthetics, Comfort, Gripes: First off I’d rate the build quality as very good.   I don’t see any structural flaws.  The cup themselves I believe are aluminum, and the core of the headband is also a really strong metal.  There is some plastic in the construction,...