Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › NuForce NE600X Red In-ear Headphones › NuForce NE600X Red In-ear Headphones Reviews

NuForce NE600X Red In-ear Headphones Reviews

manbear

Great Value

Pros: Solid bass that's not farty or distorted, very impressive soundstage for a cheap IEM, highs aren't fatiguing at reasonable volumes

Cons: Not much low-level detail.

Context: I primarily listen to music through my setup of FLAC -> HRT Music Streamer II -> Little Dot Mk3 -> Hifiman HE-400. I bought these primarily to use at the gym with an ancient RCA mp3 player that only has 512mb, because expensive gear and sweat don't mix IMO. These setups fill completely different roles, so I obviously don't expect them to compare, but I think it's important to clarify that my reference system costs about 40 times as much as my gym system. Note that my ratings for value, audio quality, design, etc. in the details section are in absolute terms, not relative to the price.  Now, on to the NE-600X. I am extremely pleased with these for the price. I have...