Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Nuforce HP-800 › Nuforce HP-800 Reviews

Nuforce HP-800 Reviews

project86

Worthy first "big headphone" from NuForce

Pros: BASS!!!! These really pound, while the rest of the spectrum is not worthless as in some other basshead cans, build is good for the price

Cons: best at low to medium volumes, earpads could be bigger around to not touch the ear

I've had some surprisingly good experiences with NuForce products lately. Their DDA-100 (review pending) is a spectacular all in one integrated. Their Cube compact speaker, which seemed like a toy when I first saw it, is actually rather enjoyable and proves very useful in a number of situations. Their LPS-1 power supply feeds an Auraliti PK90 music server in my reference system and offers a noticeable step up from the stock wall wart. That's 3 for 3 so far - a good record.    When they offered to send me a review sample of their new HP-800 full size headphone, I feared the streak was about to end. Don't get me wrong - NuForce knows a thing or two about...