Norse Norn LCD-2 Cable

Rated # 3 in Headphone Cables
Performance
Quality
WNBC

Pros: Lightweight and natural sounding

Cons: None

Norse Audio Norn Litz OCC Cable

I had the original Norse OCC LCD-2 cable for 4 months and I’ll gladly admit that I chose it at the time for the price-to-performance ratio based on comments in this thread and others.  The Norse cable ended up being a purchase that I did not regret.  My criticism for the older cable was that you always noticed it was there.  It wasn’t super heavy but it would fold and twist depending on its mood.  4 months later Trevor released the cotton-sheathed Norn series and because I liked the original cable on a sonic level I contacted him about the new cable.

Comfort:  now this is what I’m talking about.  Lighter than the original cable and doesn’t snake around itself.  For those that like to color coordinate, the cotton sheath is brown and black, closer match to the LCD-2 own colors.

Sound:  Trevor said a little burn was necessary to temper the treble.  I didn’t think the treble out of the box was a worry but now a week later any additional burn in time is icing on the cake.  I don’t have much cable experience so all I can compare this cable to is the original Norse and Audeze (AZD-6) cables.  All of the Norse cables have a clarity/transparency that lifts the veil associated with the Audeze cable.  Audeze cable does have a bit more weight at the midrange and low end but at the cost of some detail and clarity.  As many have said, these aftermarket cables get out of the way and let your source, amp, and headphone do their jobs.  With the Norn I believe there are more details and clarity in the mid-bass and deep bass with a slight loss to impact in comparison to the original Norse cable.  The timbre of instruments is a shade more natural and accurate with the new cable as well.  I’m really digging vocals with this Litz cable as well.  The bass is balanced and smooth.  Some people thought the original Norse cable was a tad bright.  This is not the case with the Norn by any means, from far it.  I don’t know what to call it, treble control or accuracy, but it’s very obvious.

Conclusion:  I really liked the original Norse cable so if you don’t care about cable entanglement then stick with it.  With the Norn I no longer notice the cable’s omnipresence so that’s worth the price of admission alone.  The other main advantage of the Norn is the naturalness I perceive across the entire dynamic range, especially at the top end.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Anyone know where to buy this cable? Thanks!
Just email Trevor Goldman at Norse. He will email you pics of splitters and price per foot.
norseaudio@gmail.com
Thanks for the write-up!
Their site is under construction. http://www.norseaudio.com
There is Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001682448235
But you just best mail Trevor: norseaudio@gmail.com
I'm a very very happy customer!
Yey! You are a Schiit user!
How does Lyr sound with LCD-2?
I currently have it hooked with Sennheiser HD650 and was curious :)
The LCD-2 and Lyr pairing is absolutely fantastic. Up and down the frequency range I found the LCD-2 to be driven well by the Lyr. Lively and engaging. Sufficiently wide soundstage and detailed presentation. The highs never sounded so good. I wouldn't hesitate in giving the Lyr my full endorsement. Tubes can affect your experience so don't be afraid to roll. I'm guessing your HD650 won't mind the experience either :)