REVIEW

A Review On: Nokia 808 PureView Black Factory Unlocked 41MP GPS PENTA BAND 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100

bharathss

Pros: CAMERA, TOP NOTCH AUDIO, DISPLAY

Cons: INTERNET CONNECTIVITY

THIS IS A REVIEW BY A DIE HARD FAN OF NOKIA 808 AFTER 15 DAYS OF USAGE..

Build : No manufacturer except SONY comes close to nokia in build..

One word its practical, I dont say its the slimmest or lightest its the opposite of it..

Display : It has the lowest ppi as per today's stds, but who cares no body takes their phones to examine under a microscope LOL..

BUT THIS MONSTER IS BRIGHTER MOST OF THE DISPLAYS I HAVE SEEN.. the screen as per me its vivid, punchy output with full of colours screaming out without any artifacts.. ITS GREAT..

Music:

Firstly i am proud owner of sony walkman S-764.. With my experience i can say, "ITS THE BEST AUDIO OUTPUT I HAVE EVER HEARD IN A SMARTPHONE"(except N91) the DOLBY enhancement i call it the "MAGIC".. BELIEVE ME NO MID RANGE MP3 PLAYERS CAN PRODUCE SUCH AMAZING SOUNDSTAGE WITHOUT SACRIFICING SOUND QUALITY.. the above comparisons are made with SONY MDR EX-082.. It beats cowon IAUDIO 10 with ease and comes very close to SONY walkman S-764 in terms of sound quality via headphones, sometimes even surpass it..

CAMERA : one line "ITS ****ING AWESOME"....!no words

INTERNET : android wins here.. websites with high flash content are pretty difficult to load.. MAPS : It can provide offline GPS with very high accuracy.. NOKIA MAPS are the best compared to other ecosystems..

AT LAST I CAN SAY "ITS A PERFECT SMARTPHONE WITH FEW FLAWS THAT CAN BE EASILY COMPROMISED"

Great review!

If I had to describe this phone in a single word, I would call it 'practical'.  The 808 is loaded with many features not found in most flagships today.  Firstly, the FM transmitter!  God how much I lust for a Lumia with a FM transmitter.  Was killer when I was at the office and my co-worker would be blasting country tunes ;)

The microphones and camera are probably the best in any phone period, and the image processor makes shooting quicker than on the 1020.  I hate that there is little manual control in the 808's camera, but the battery life makes up for it.

Nokia Maps on the 808 has more searchable information than on the Lumia/X line of phones.  (At least in the US it does)

Sound quality is definitely up there, and the 808 performs snappier than my WM-Z for playing audio.

Symbian may be a rock, but its a lot more solid than Windows Phone!
thank u yazen.. Its very disappointing such a phone did nt receive the appreciation which it really deserves..
Here is an idea of how well the Nokia 808 records audio:

Band playing directly to the left of me.  Medium sized hall.  Subjects talking are between 1.5-4m away from the microphone.  (If memory serves me correct)

Might have some muddiness due to the format conversion, as I only have virtualdub installed at the moment.
Its astonishing that it records every frequencies the way it is, especially the highs and lows with very high accuracy and without distortion..The soundstage that makes u feel that u r in a concert..
"NOKIA 808-THE MASTERPIECE"