Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Munitio SITi S Nine Millimeter Earphones - Dark Silver

Munitio SITi S Nine Millimeter Earphones - Dark Silver

Pros: Jaw-rattling bass, warm overall character, better for more types of music than I expected, beautiful design

Cons: Serious troughs in frequency response, warmth occasionally swings into darkness, not at all suited for certain types of music.

These seem to have fallen out of favor in the last few months.  I don't know why.  Maybe it's because they're not "audiophile" level gear.  I mean, it works out in my favor because I got them on the cheap, but it's kind of sad for Munitio.  I want to sing their praises from the rooftops personally. I would have been happy to have paid full price, and maybe a little more.

This is a microreview just to get these some air time--I'm no |joker|, and his review of these was pretty much spot-on.

Make no mistake, these are most definitely not audiophile gear.  They're not uncolored or transparent or detailed.  They're not even remotely analytical.  They're not any other headfi buzzword you can come up with.  What they are is fun as hell.  Seriously.

I'm a basshead, true and proper.  Well, maybe not true and proper...I grew out of "MOAR SUBS" about a decade ago--I strongly prefer overall musicality with a very solid thump to back it up these days.  But in this case, I wasn't terribly concerned with overall musical balance and just wanted something that could deliver in a tiny form factor.

I will make a very long story very short and simply state that these do indeed deliver.  In the back of a dump truck, directly to the center of your brain.  When I first put them in, I was listening to the UKF 2010 dubstep mixtape.  I had foobar up at a volume that is necessary for me to even kinda-sorta hear the lower bass notes on my Klipsch S4s (around -37db, with the system volume at 80%).  I'm pretty sure I caused permanent hearing damage when I put these in.  My teeth rattled.  My vision blurred.  I could have sworn I felt it in my chest.  I'm not kidding at all.  I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.  When I say bass, I'm speaking from the point of view of a man whose best friend has two JL Audio 13W7s in his trunk.

I was hugely surprised by both the quantity and the quality of bass.  It's something that I've heard repeatedly here, and something I usually discount out of hand, because it's what old men say when they're talking about the bass coming from their latest ludicrously expensive set of orthos.  I won't say this bass is magical--it's no 13W7, in terms of musicality, punch, or depth.  But coming from an IEM...holy balls.  Dubstep sounds freaking SICK.  Hiphop--all of it--is just gorgeous.  Rock...well, it depends.

Please understand that these are not a one-trick pony.  They definitely won't do it all, but they have become my new travel IEMs, and honestly...I don't think I'll ever buy another pair of IEMs.  These are simply too much fun.  And they're extremely easy to listen to, because the bass is there even at low volumes, and they're surprisingly pleasant to listen to with other genres at low volumes, too.  They are far more balanced than I expected.

I'm not going to bog this microreview down with details describing everything about the listening experience.  I already did that in my slightly more in depth listening impressions.  For now, if you like bass, just go buy them.  Show Munitio some love for a VERY well designed set of 'phones.  I promise you, they're worth every single penny.

Munitio SITi S Nine Millimeter Earphones - Dark Silver

Engineered to offer consumers a superior music listening experience within a one-of-a-kind patent pending design, [M] SITi (standard issue titanium) by MUNITIO offers tight, low and thundering bass, accurate and enveloping sound, clear mids, smooth highs and deliver the complex sounds and subtleties for all musical genres.[M] SITi includes the same technology as the SITi earphones, with the addition of a premium Billet Suppressor [M]ic Control for hands-free communication and smart phone and tablet functionality support. “At MUNITIO we are constantly seeking to provide music-lovers with innovation that fits their lifestyles. [M]SITi : nine millimeter earphones fuse superior sound, iconic style with the functionality and freedom of tactical mobile communication.” Each [M] SITi earphone is individually machined from a solid piece of high density copper alloy, coated in Titanium and outfitted with a rare earth neodymium 9mm driver. The earphone is enclosed in a Bass Enhancing Chamber and topped with a custom-tuned SoundFlow System. [M] SITi by MUNITIO are outfitted with noise isolating Silicone Hollow Points, Kevlar reinforced premium copper covered fabric cable, 24k gold plated plug, and Suppressor [M]ic Control for hands free functionality. The [M] SITi : nine millimeter earphones come in low impact utility packaging with S,M,L replacement Silicone Hollow Points, micro fiber cleaning cloth, users manual, a soft leatherette case, and 1 year manufacturers replacement warranty.

BindingElectronics
BrandMunitio
ColorDark Silver
EAN0837654883341
FeatureKevlar reinforced fabric cable with 24k gold plated 3.5mm stereo plug providing exceptional audio signal transfer compatible with leading industry Mp3 and smartphone and tablet devices
Height1 inches