Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Cables › Headphone Cables › Moon Audio IEM Silver Dragon

Moon Audio IEM Silver Dragon

Pros: Beautiful construction, soft but sturdy, possible changes to audio

Cons: Mine has a cubed right angle jack that doesn't work with my Nexus 4 case; want to reterminate with the ViaBlu when I get the cash

I got my Silver Dragon in a trade, and am really loving it. I will probably come back to do a more in-depth explanation of the differences I hear on my UM3X between the stock EPIC cable and the SD.

For now, suffice to say I am definitely impressed by the construction. The cable is thick and obviously sturdy, but also very flexible and soft. All of the strain reliefs and connecting points also feel strong and are flexible where they need to be. Despite the lack of memory wire, the cable tucks snugly behind my ears and doesn't give me any problems.

I do hear some changes in the sound that I cant just ignore. The bass feels lighter and tighter, and treble is much more prominent. The overall sound feels less thick, and the soundstage seems noticeably wider; listening through my HRT Microstreamer, my UM3X made me believe that rumbling thunder in The Magic Flute was coming from outside; I've never experienced that before when listening with the stock cable, or any IEM, as a matter of fact.

Overall I'm loving the Silver Dragon and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to other UM3X owners; I got a good deal in a trade, and, being a lowly retail drone, wouldn't have purchased it at the retail of $185, but if you have that kind of cash and want a lighter, tighter, wider sound from your UM3X, give it a shot and see what your ears tell you.

Moon Audio IEM Silver Dragon

The Silver Dragon IEM is a coaxial design using a 99.99998% UP-OCC Stranded Silver 26AWG center conductor for the positive leg. The center conductor uses the same Kevlar reinforcing as the other Dragon cables. The center conductor is wrapped concentrically by a 99.99998% UP-OCC silver plated single crystallized UP-OCC pure copper stranded 26AWG gauge conductor with 7N purity 99.99998%. Now that is a mouth full:)