Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones › Reviews › teeitup418holes's Review

In My Opinion - An EXCELLENT set of In Ear Headphones!

A Review On: Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones

Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones

Rated # 11 in Universal Fit
teeitup418holes

When I bought these headphones, I knew going into it that there of folks who don't like the sound of these, but I'm not one of them. I actually really like the sound that these In Ears have, and they are a great set for me to travel with.

I won't go into all of the details of the other reviewers because they have done an amazing job unpacking all of the details of the good and not as good aspects of these MTPCs.

I'm not someone who listens to headphones hoping for a flat neutral sound. I like my buds to have some tuning that emphasizes the bass in a clean, clear and deep bass without sacrificing clarity of the mid-high range. The MTPCs are definitely. They carry a low smooth bass that makes just about any music genre carry to a beat. I'm not a bass head by any stretch. Most of my music preference is more acoustic rock, folk rock, etc. (Ray Lamontagne, Jason Mraz, of Monsters and Men, John Mayer, etc). And for me, the MTPCs are GREAT even in genres that aren't bass heavy.

The mids are very nice and fluid. I like a very crisp and clear mid that doesn't bleed over to ruin the highs and lows. And for me, the mids on these MTPC are just that. They don't stand out, but aren't recessed and distant.

The highs are very crisp and detailed. One of my favorite things to do with these headphones is play some tracks that are guitar solos, or piano solos. When I was listening to Birdy's self titled album, I felt like I was sitting in the studio while she was recording. I could hear the sound of her foot working the pedal of the piano, the breath she would take in, and it was really cool. Every time I put these headphones in to listen to an album, I hear things that I've never heard before! It's amazing!

One of the sellers for me (which also happens to be a downside for other folks) is the supertips. I actually found a few that fit in my ear really well and comfortably. And, it didn't take too long either, which was nice!

Overall, I've been really pleased with these buds. I'm a fan of the way they are tuned, and they pack lighter than my over the ears.

These Coppers are just as good as my Westone 3s! In fact, with some music, I prefer these Monster Turbine Pro Coppers because of the way Monster tuned them. I can say now that I'm a believer in burn-in. They sounded great before I burned them in, but even better now that they are about 100 hours in.

Equipment: