Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones › Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones Reviews

Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones Reviews

Showing 3 3-star reviews (see all 16 reviews)

AFRUITPIE

I was not impressed.

Pros: Small, no amp required, beyond gorgeous

Cons: Less than stellar sound, not advertised correctly

The Turbines are so-so IEMs with muddy sound that left me fairly disappointed.   BUILD:  The build on the Turbines is stellar. I purchased these before I began taking-care of my belongings, and they survived even the heaviest abuse. They've been crammed in pockets, run through the washing machine, and dropped countless times, and they still look brand new. The metal buds are extremely durable, fairly heavy, and just feel expensive. They're also very beautiful, and fun to touch.    SOUND:  This is where the Turbine falls short. The sound is not bad, but it is beat by many cheaper IEMs. The bass is very heavy, and is almost always out-of-control. The...
ThickT

I was so let down

Pros: sound isolation, styling/design, accessories, packaging

Cons: discomfort, sound,

ok first off this is my first review on ANYTHING. so bare with me if its dumb. but let me just say im no audiophile and im not rich and cant afford to try alot of different phones. im just a guy who hates getting swindled. so thats why i do tons and tons of independant research before i buy any kind of electronic. with the turbines, i would seriously say i have read at least 75-80 reviews on them AND the pro copper/golds, from alot of different websites, i researched them against different types of phones and i even looked at the more scientific side of things like ohms and output impedance and stuff like that. the monster family of phones get a overall positive feedback amungst the...
PKPnytheta47

Experience with Monster Turbines

Pros: Solid Bass, Takes little to drive them (doesn't need a lot of volume to make them kick butt)

Cons: Highs and Mids are dark / veiled sounding, Fitment - the rubber isolation buds could be better

Value: I would obviously rate this very high since I got these from a good friend who never really used them and sold it to me for (ok, expensive ones at that) peanuts (He has a couple of Shure's that sounded much better). For the money I paid for the sound it produces though (I guess I'm spoiled by my over ear headphones) I would rate it a solid 4 out of 5 in terms of value.   Audio Quality: The bass is very good, it's very solid sounding and punchy. The highs are thin and veiled sounding and the mids are darker sounding that I would want them to be.These buds do have a decent sound stage but it isn't very wide. The way I perceive it is that the bass is very slightly...