Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones › Reviews › mathchris's Review

meh

A Review On: Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones

Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones

Rated # 31 in Universal Fit
mathchris

Pros: "fun" bass

Cons: broke

After a six year love affair with a pair of Shure e4cs, they bit the dust & my wallet didn't allow for a similar investment. On my trip to J&R the day before an international flight, they were sold out of the Sure 215's I planned to try out. So I picked up the Turbines.

First out of the box I was greeted with several inner boxes, on my subway ride home a gratuitous pile of cardboard & plastics formed around my feet. What's that you say Turbines? "Life is too short for bad headphones." Did your CEO write that copy? What's with audio gear & embarrassing copy? Oh look, two carry cases, both disgusting.

So let me get this out of the way, within four months they were broke. Apparently this doesn't seem to be the norm so I'll try to hold my hatred at bay.

• Bass good. When listening to tracks & genres with great bass these headphones became quite "fun".
  • Symmetrical buds means you must annoyingly use brain power & eyes to know which ear is left & right.
  • Broken

I replaced with Shure SE215. Similar price, I like them better, although the Turbine's have superior bass & comfort. But no "love" for either model.

Comments: