Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones › Reviews › PKPnytheta47's Review

Experience with Monster Turbines

A Review On: Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones

Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones

Rated # 31 in Universal Fit
PKPnytheta47

Pros: Solid Bass, Takes little to drive them (doesn't need a lot of volume to make them kick butt)

Cons: Highs and Mids are dark / veiled sounding, Fitment - the rubber isolation buds could be better

Value:

I would obviously rate this very high since I got these from a good friend who never really used them and sold it to me for (ok, expensive ones at that) peanuts (He has a couple of Shure's that sounded much better). For the money I paid for the sound it produces though (I guess I'm spoiled by my over ear headphones) I would rate it a solid 4 out of 5 in terms of value.

Audio Quality:

The bass is very good, it's very solid sounding and punchy. The highs are thin and veiled sounding and the mids are darker sounding that I would want them to be.These buds do have a decent sound stage but it isn't very wide. The way I perceive it is that the bass is very slightly forward of the mids while the highs are behind the mids when listening to music. If you're a bass head this is a good set of ear buds for you. I prefer a balanced sounding type of ear buds / cans so I rated this with a 3.5 out of a 5.

Design:

I think the design is very cool and modern looking but still conservative in a way. It has the gun metal / chrome finish that gives it the 'jet turbine' look which it actually pulls off well. The identifying marks for the left and right side buds are very well done (blue and red markings around each bud). The wires themselves are very sturdy considering I've accidentally pulled away too far from my PC a couple of times and both ends (plug and buds) have held up well. Solid 4 out of 5

Comfort:

I've been able to use these buds for 4 hours straight but with some adjustments every 30-45 minutes or so to get them to where I want them to be. As mentioned in my cons, the fitment or rubber buds could have been better. It can be tiring listening to bass heavy buds so I did end up lowering down the volume to get a break now and then. I gave it a 3 out of 5

Isolation:

These buds are actually very good in terms of noise Isolation, so you can crank up the volume without worrying too much about the person beside you. At the same time you won't be able to hear too much noise from the outside once your jamming to your favorite tunes. Very good for traveling to and from work or where ever you may be going! Solid 4 out of 5

Comments: