Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones › Reviews › jamesta's Review

Great all-around 'don't overthink it' canalphones.

A Review On: Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones

Monster Turbine In-Ear Headphones

Rated # 31 in Universal Fit
jamesta
Posted · 105 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Sound quality & 'all around' sound signature.

Cons: Quality control issues, seal issues.

This set really impresses me every time I use them, they have great overall presentation & ability.  Tuned for all-around use, they are very well balanced, with ample & precise bass, decent mids & decent highs.  There isn't anything snazzy about them, but they are great to just grab & not overthink.  Definitely not made for critical listening but great for just enjoying music with good quality sound.

I highly recommend them if you can get them on a lightning deal for $79, but they are a decent deal at any price under $100.  There are many other options out there, but this set really satisfies a niche for me, of high quality & good balance without the frills.

I did have a QC issue in that the left speaker quit working properly & was not putting out very much sound, I've read elsewhere of this problem.  Monster's customer service was great, no questions were asked I just mailed the set to them & they mailed a replacement, probably 2 weeks turnaround.  There are also some fit issues in getting a good seal, it is simple to get a good seal but sometimes has a sort of 'vacuum' effect where you have to play around with the position to get the seal how it is supposed to be.

Overall I'm very happy with these as a backup to my W4.

1 Comment:

i purschaed these from Amazonf ro 55 bucks on a gold box deal. Personally i wasnt happy with them at all. The sound quaity i would give a 3.5, but again i got them for 55 bucks so i shoudnt complain.I