Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Monster® DNA In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk™ for Apple - Black

Monster® DNA In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk™ for Apple - Black

Rated #263 in Universal Fit

Pros: Amazing highs, amazing mids, flat cord, in-line controls, comes with a surplus of earpads, build quality.

Cons: barely any bass, price.

I bought these around half a year ago, and have finally come to a decision on how I feel about them.

First off, I paid $70 for these on amazon. At the time, I thought this price was a little lofty, but I figured that "you get what you pay for."

After I bought these I was both pleasantly surprised and hugely let down. The first quality that I noticed was the beautiful mids and highs that these babies produce, but at the same time, there was absolutely no bass or lows. When the beat dropped in a song, I could hear it, but I could not feel it. Bass is more of a "feel" to me; it's like a shock wave that pulses into your ear, but I did not get that at all with these.

Don't get me wrong, these headphones are an absolute joy to use daily.  It handles all kinds of genre's, even without deep bass, very nicely. My favorite genre to listen to with these headphones is synth-pop (Owl City, Lights, Ellie Goulding, etc.) since the snare, or highs, are so prevalent, while the bass is not. Another genre I love is dubstep, and I feel that these headphones handle it like a beast. Finally, I love listening to movie soundtracks with these. The intricacy of, say piano or violin, is especially highlighted with these earbuds.

I'd also like to mention that the hardware of these earbuds is seamless. The flat cord has worked amazingly in preventing tangling. Also, the inline controls are very handy if someone starts talking to you when you have your phone in your pocket. Every single pair of earbuds I have owned so far have ripped at the part of the cord that connects to the part of the earbuds that you put in your ear, except this pair. I have seen no damage whatsoever in these headphones, and I haven't exactly babied them.

So in conclusion, if you love you some snare, and don't care too much for a butt load of bass, then these are the headphones for you. Although the price is, in my opinion, 10-20 dollars too high, you are still getting nice sound, great hardware, and some handy accessories with these earbuds.

Monster® DNA In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk™ for Apple - Black

In-Ear, Apple Control Talk - Black with Satin Chrome Finish

BindingElectronics
BrandMonster
ColorBlack
EAN0050644661808
FeatureUltra-Dynamic Sound Lightweight & Comfortable Tangle-Free, Control Talk Universal Cable
LabelMonster
ManufacturerMonster
ModelMH DNA IE BK CA WW
MPNMH DNA IE BK CA WW
PublisherMonster
StudioMonster
TitleMonster DNA In-Ear Headphones with Apple Control Talk (Black)
UPC050644661808