Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Monster Diddy Beats In-Ear Headphones › Reviews › JonnyRocket's Review

Not too bad

A Review On: Monster Diddy Beats In-Ear Headphones

Monster Diddy Beats In-Ear Headphones

Rated # 273 in Universal Fit
JonnyRocket

Pros: Cool looking, hard to get the wires tangled, control talk feature, right angle plug.

Cons: Heavy! Sound quality does not match $150 IMO

I bought these a year ago for $150. If you have a decent home theater system and you have a club, jazz or disco preset, that's what these sound like. They have a fun grungy club sound to them. I think they are overpriced for what you get, at the time I didn't know any better comming from apple earbuds and JVC Gummies. The bad think about these is they are HEAVY. I weighed theses against some other IEMs I have and this is what I found.

Beats Tour 21.1 grams
MTPGs 21.7
Sennheiser IE8 15.9 grams
Diddy Beats 26.1 grams

When I first got them I couldn't for the life of me get them to stay in my ears. I checked around and another head-fier suggested I cut the triple flange tip into a double flange. I tried this and it worked great! With this mod and the shirt clip they don't fall out anymore. I would recomend these if you can get them for around 60-75, they aren't going to be your primaries and enjoy a fun grungy club sound with your music.

Did you really spend 300 dollars on those 2 in-ears ???
Yeah,bought the Diddy Beats back when I thought their was only beats and Bose. I returned the Tours. I wouldnt Recommend any Beats IEMs unless you can get them for half price.