Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Monster Diamond Tears On-Ear Headphones, Black › Reviews › Mheat122134's Review

Really quite good!

A Review On: Monster Diamond Tears On-Ear Headphones, Black

Monster Diamond Tears On-Ear Headphones, Black

Rated # 76 in On-Ear
Mheat122134

Pros: Looks, Sound, Comfort, Durability, Accessories

Cons: Price?

Comfort,

The leather pads are really soft and comfortable with an adjustable headband that should fit the head. The pads actually cover my whole ears (I have big ears) providing better isolation as well.

Design,

Probably one of the best looking pair of headphones I've ever seen. The sides actually look like diamonds, with a silcone headband making it one of the most unique headphones as well. I had spent a lot of time just shining it on a light which causes the "Diamonds" to shine.

Accessories,

The headphone came with 3 Cables (Controltalk, Mic, Regular.) Headphone shine (To keep your headphones clean.) A soft leather carrying bag and a really good looking box! biggrin.gif

Build Quality,

This is where I was surprised the most. The build quality on these are pretty good, they feel sturdy and can bend pretty far, they might be a little heavier then expected though.

And finally the sound.

Sound Quality,

Some of you might be thinking, "It's Monster of course the bass drowns out everything." I noticed these headphones sound great actually! Neutral and balanced. Bass is there and doesn't cause distortion, Mids are clear and present and the Highs not too rolled off giving a full sound. Instruments and vocals both sound clear so you can hear all of your music. I'd say the only small con I have with the sound, is that the soundstage is rather closed.

I know the type of hate Monster gets on these forums, but these and some other models (DNA, Turbines.) really aren't bad at all! And there's a rumor Monster and Beats had split up, if that's the case I'm really looking forward to more headphones from Monster!

Overall these are great headphones and I'd recommend them, just not fully at the $349 price tag (Canada.) but they'd be a great value at around $200, considering the looks as well.

Comments: