Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Monoprice 109927 Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones, Black

Monoprice 109927 Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones, Black

Rated #258 in Universal Fit

Pros: Great sound, great low end extension, rugged, cloth covered cable.

Cons: Cloth cable is a bit noisy, when worn as directed, cable exit is in a bizarre spot.

Ok, I caved and bought 2 pair of these when I needed a mini to regular HDMI cable for a new laptop.  They are impressive.  I like the black color better than the silver too.  One thing I quickly figured out is if you reverse them (R<-->L), the cable exits out the top, and you can then loop it over your ears.  It seems to fit better this way.  By flipping them upside down, the ear tube is still oriented in the proper direction. I'll be making custom silicone molds for them using silicone molding putty normally used for making resin jewelry and food molds.  A whole POUND of molding putty is $18 at our favorite online mega store. I may go as far as also making acrylic molds using the clear casting resin (also food grade) that is also used for jewelry.

Listening: For the past 10 years I've been in an office environment doing software development, and used Grado SR60s and my own Chu Moy amp.  They are great for still being able to hear the phone and people calling my name, but are extremely fatiguing to me, giving me 'hot spots' on my ears. I listen to music at least 6 hours a day.  I now work out of my home, so noise isolation is important.  I actually listen 9-10 hours a day now.  By listen, I'm not referring to audiophile grade audio, we're talking online streaming, usually 128 kbps or 192 kbps if possible, but sometime it's just Pandora.  Anyway, these in ears are great.  I've only used them 2 days now so they're not broken in, and I have Tinnitus that I usually wear $8,000 Oticon Agile Pros for, so the high end is actually pretty smooth, but that's purely due to my high frequency hearing loss.  I know most people state they are a bit too bright on the high end, but they do ok for me.

Overall, I'm calling these the best universal fit's I've ever worn.  Now my only comparison are Shure EC2s on high end IEs, but they hold their own.  For $7 it's a no brainer.  I'm buying 3 more pair as soon as I get up another cable order.

Monoprice 109927 Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones, Black

With a stylish design and a premium fabric-covered cord, these Monoprice earphones will prompt complete strangers to ask you where you got them, but you won't hear a word they say as you rock on down the highway! Made with a noise-isolating design and producing clear and solid sound, these earphone are a great way to enjoy your favorite music from your iPod or other portable music device. They fit comfortably into the ears and produce solid bass notes and clear midrange tones, both normally a weakness in earphones., thanks to the large 14.2 mm driver unit. The 48-Inch cord is completely covered in fabric, which helps prevent breakages. The gold-plated 3.5 mm stereo plug connects to most popular music devices and phones, with better connectivity and corrosion resistance than the more common nickel and tin-plated connectors. The end result is a pair of earphones that are made for the rigors of daily use from the music fan on the go! Amazing sound clarity, hard-rocking bass, and durability. Who could ask for more? What? You want Aerosmith to play at your birthday party? OK, you CAN ask for more!

BindingElectronics