Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Meridian Explorer › Reviews › shifter2600's Review

Best Value and Versatility

A Review On: Meridian Explorer

Meridian Explorer

Rated # 6 in DACs
Quality
shifter2600

Pros: Value,Versatility,Portability

Cons: Higher Power requirements for some applications

I use mine with a OTG cable from my Android Tablet Via Bose QC3's or over my Vehicle AUX input "App: USB Audio Recorder Pro". Also in the house I run it from my Raspberry Pi "Raspyfi" through my Receivers AUX to my ML Vista's and Depth i. Best Bang for the Buck IMO. I auditioned the Dragonfly at the same time and I purchased the Meridian Explorer much warmer sound and doesn't degrade the sound quality as much at high volumes.

I am sure you can use other DAC in the similar fashion but for the 300.00 price point and the excellent sound. I am very satisfied with my purchase.

About the Cons,

Not all Android devices will self power the DAC over the USB OTG "on the go" cable. In some cases you may need a Powered USB hub.

If you are using your Meridian in a similar way and do not require a Powered USB hub I would be interested to hear what Device you are using.

My Samsung Tab 2 and Asus MEMO do not require a Powered Hub.

Comments: