Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Meizu EP-40 dynamic driver IEMs › Meizu EP-40 dynamic driver IEMs Reviews

Meizu EP-40 dynamic driver IEMs Reviews

project86

Great entry into the budget IEM category by phone and DAP maker Meizu

Pros: Exceptional bass quality and just the right quantity, clear mids with plenty of detail, nicely large soundstage, build quality seems high

Cons: Highs can be a bit fatiguing at times, could use more tips and a proper case for travel

The story behind this review is kind of interesting. I was in contact with Meizu about an upcoming portable audio player being released later this year. I asked for a loaner so I could do a review over at InnerFidelity. That device is still a few months out so they don’t have review models yet. During the course of our conversation the Meizu rep asked if I might be interested in covering their latest IEM, the EP-40. A budget IEM selling for around $40? That’s not the type of thing I usually review. But I did some research on it, and the design actually looked very well done for such a low price. So I agreed to have a listen and cover it here at HeadFi...