Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Meier Audio Daccord

Meier Audio Daccord

Pros: Very neutral and transparent.

Cons: Switches could be centered better in the front plate.

Like in a case of Corda Classic, I bought Daccord to work in pair with mentioned Meier's amp and Ultrasone Pro900. Some of impressions are just copy - paste from my review of the Corda.

Case is very sturdy and build quality at the high level, switches could be centered better in the front plate. Music is very neutral, I have had possibility to listen to my music for a while in a professional studio, and Meier Classic with Daccord is just a reference piece of kit. Have in mind I have listened to speakers and with such system you have headphones so differences are undoubtful but linearity can be heard well. Sound of my Xonar Essence ST is definetly harsh, impure, and unable to play some passages in my music, no problema with Daccord.

In blind tests With Corda Classic I was able to distinguish my music in mp3 320kbs from .wav (about 90% of hit). Crossfeed is nice feature but I don't use it, for me it makes sound more mellow, and so tonal balance, some would say it sound more analogue.  Can't hear difference between USB SPDIF input connection. I can't hear it in a path.

Summary: very neutral and transparent. Awesome customer support.

Meier Audio Daccord

The DACCORD does not have a fancy enclosure but in reality it is a state-of-the-art Digital-to-Analog converter with integrated crossfeed and volume controlled outputs. Inside two top-of-the-line Wolfson D/A converter chips in dual-mono mode, a large battery of audiophile capacitors, ultra-fast opamps in class-A, high-precision oscillators (TCXO), and many other very high-quality components are found that are exemplary for this price-class. Two coxial, one optical, as well as an USB-input (24bit/192kHz!) allow for easy connection of any digital source, including your computer. A variable output allows to directly drive a poweramplifier or a pair of active loudspeakers. The built-in crossfeed filter is a frequency-extended version of the natural crossfeed found in previous CORDA amplifiers and provides even better imaging. It also offers three intensity levels (Stereo, medium, high).