Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Meier Audio Corda Classic › Reviews › flyby's Review

Music enthusiast brief impressions

A Review On: Meier Audio Corda Classic

Meier Audio Corda Classic

Rated # 9 in Desktop Amps
Quality
flyby

Pros: Neutral with fast attack and a lot of power and lack of listening fatigue. Impressive value.

Cons: Switches could be centered better in the front plate.

I bought it to use with Ultrasone Pro900 and blue-ray player, tv DAB receiver and of course for music with Daccord. Mine is in silver with red LEDs.

Case is very sturdy and build quality at the high level. Front plate is aluminium about 4mm thick. Switches could be centered better in the front plate, however it is not bad.

Everything works like it should. When connected to DAB, sound is much cleaner, without any hiss, cracks etc. With BD player it just gives cinema on your head, power you can feel almost on the chest.
Now, music. It is just music, neutral but efficient. I have had possibility to listen to my music for a while in a professional studio, and Meier Classic with Daccord is just a reference piece of kit. Have in mind I have listened to speakers and with such system you have headphones so differences are undoubtful but linearity can be heard well. When connected to Xonar Essence ST some sort of harsh inpurities are present.

In blind tests With Xonar I was able to distinguish my music in mp3 256kbs from .wav (about 98% of hit), when with Daccord I can do it respectively mp3 320kbs from .wav (about 90% of hit). Crossfeed is nice feature but I don't use it, for me it makes sound more mellow, and so tonal balance, some would say it sound more analogue. Digital volume control is working similar to analogue, there is no lack of in between steps. Impressive thing, after hours of listening I can't feel any ear or head fatigue.

Summary: Neutral with fast attack and lot of power and lack of listening
fatigue, it is just pleasure to listen to. Awesome customer support. Corda Classic really is full of engineering and parts.

Comments: