The M6p

A Review On: MEElectronics M6P-BK Sports Sound-Isolating In Ear Headphones with Microphone/Remote for iPod, iPhone and Smartphones (Black)

Rated # 100 in Universal Fit
Amazon.com
iPhone IEM

Pros: Good isolation and Fit with Comply Foam, Working iPhone control and mic

Cons: Edit: the silicone tri-flanges

Edit:  sometimes the silicone tri-flanges get stuck in my ear canal when I take the "phones" out.  Then I have to remove the tips from the ear canal with tweezers.  That's not cool.

Bass - When I get the seal right, these earphones have very punchy bass.  There is a very distinct feel when the seal is tight and the bass comes forward with physical punch and impact.  However, it is very difficult for me the get the correct seal, and when I do I then have the earphones leaving the flanges behind in my ear canal.  Sound wise, I actually prefer the "breathier" feel of the vented Apple EarPods for bass response.  The seal and punch of the M6p is uncomfortable for me in comparison.  But the bass is definitely present and accounted for if they fit your ears.

Mids - Midrange on the M6p is good with a slight v shape.  Sometimes vocals can be very slightly recessed.  In comparison to the new EarPods, the mids are dry and clean.  Nothing really special.

Highs - The highs on the M6p are very good.  I think the treble response benefits from the v-shaped sound signature.  For this earphone, the treble adds a sense of space and imaging that is lacking in the bass and mids.  Compared to the new EarPods, I would say the treble is a little more present and forward in the M6p.

Soundstage - The feeling of soundstage and separation only exists in the treble region with the M6.  It's as if the overall imaging between low and high frequencies is not coherent or cohesive.

Comments: