Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › MEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear) › MEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear) Reviews

MEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear) Reviews

inline79

Great secret-service wannabe workout IEM

Pros: stays on, decent sound, good accessories and case

Cons: bit harsh in treble, uncomfortable after a few hours

Pleasant overall. The bit of extra bass extension should please most but is not boomy.  Strong details and depth which might even be a bit harsh in the treble.  Great for orchestral.   Worn over the ear only so no microphonics.  tri-flanges isolate well, but can be generally difficult to insert and uncomfortable due to the wide nozzle.  Memory wire could be annoying.  Everything should come with a case like this.  Not a huge fan of clear, but secret service wanna-bes might.
blueangel2323

Quality sound for your workout on a dime

Pros: Cheap; great overall sound quality for the price; tiny and lightweight with decent fit; suitable for physical activity; large selection of tips

Cons: Painful 6k spike; single-flange tips are bullet shaped

I've had these for a while but I figured it's time to write a mini review. These are my primary on-the-go pair right now as I wait for my CIEMs to be made. Unlike many people I find the fit very good. These are the first IEMs I've owned with memory wire, so for the first few days I had trouble figuring out which side was left and which was right without looking at the (barely visible) markings on the housing. Once I got used to it they were very easy to put it. I use three fingers - I hold the housing with my thumb and index finger, and use my middle finger to push the memory wire over my ear. Push inwards, twist backwards, and it's in. Very little microphonics, and won't fall out during...
humblesound

Fantastic intro canalphones

Pros: Seals like a champ, wide assortment of tips, abundant bass, well made cord

Cons: possible shrill upper mids

So, I've always used sealed or open back, over the ear, big boy headphones.   Tried a pair of garbage kinda-sorta-in-ear phones from best buy a couple years ago and hated every second of it. I was looking for something to wear on the subway that would both provide solid sound quality and wouldn't make my wallet sad if they fell apart after a year or so. I definitely found them.   For only 20 dollars, these are probably the best intro to canalphones I think you can find. The huge assortment of included tips not only ensure you'll find a pair that feel comfortable to you, but also help you learn what a bad, good, and great seal sound like.   As has been said,...
jipan

Cheap and good

Pros: Cheap, nice sound, nice isolation

Cons: Not very comfortable, rather hard to find seal, flex a bit

Very good sound for the price, at least the one I paid. Good bass, good vocals if tad laid back, and nice simmering treble if tad bright.   Isolation is good IF you can get good seal. I had to adjust the IEM several time to find the seal and comfort. Use the bi-flange for the best isolation second only to the triple-flange. The nozzle is tad smaller than the usual universal IEM so finding flange replacement is a pain in the a**. You could wrap it with those water pipe isolation (which like thin layers of white plastic) several time to the nozzle so it will fit those universal flange/tip.   The driver flex a bit, and the finish is ok. My IEM shine layer is flake after...
BearSpace

Large and crisp

Pros: Clarity, fit, memory wire

Cons: honestly can't think of any

Got these for $20 shipped on Amazon, official sites had msrp at $50 but a price of $30.  In addition to the bargain I really can't find fault in these.  Even if you have some IEMs in a higher price bracket I recommend a pair in case of emergencies, you might not go back :P
dibbler67

MEElectronics M6-CL Review

Pros: Amazing quality, lots of bass, good separation, all for the price.

Cons: lots of bass, can get a bit harsh on the high end, sometimes congested.

These are amazing for the money. These are also my first decent earphones. Good bass, though there is a lot. Can get a bit congested and harsh during frenzied bits of songs. Comfort is good; I think I wore 'em backwards the first few times . They're pretty cool looking. I had to use the smallest tips; getting a good fit can be difficult at first. Isolation is perfect; by that I mean that you can still hear important things going on, like that car you were about to step in front of etc.   Again, any criticisms are splitting hairs into atoms for this kind of money. I got these for $20 SHIPPED. 'Twas a killer deal.