Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › MEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear)

MEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear)

Rated #183 in Headphones

Pros: stays on, decent sound, good accessories and case

Cons: bit harsh in treble, uncomfortable after a few hours

Pleasant overall. The bit of extra bass extension should please most but is not boomy.  Strong details and depth which might even be a bit harsh in the treble.  Great for orchestral.

Worn over the ear only so no microphonics.  tri-flanges isolate well, but can be generally difficult to insert and uncomfortable due to the wide nozzle.  Memory wire could be annoying.  Everything should come with a case like this.  Not a huge fan of clear, but secret service wanna-bes might.

Pros: Cheap; great overall sound quality for the price; tiny and lightweight with decent fit; suitable for physical activity; large selection of tips

Cons: Painful 6k spike; single-flange tips are bullet shaped

I've had these for a while but I figured it's time to write a mini review. These are my primary on-the-go pair right now as I wait for my CIEMs to be made.

Unlike many people I find the fit very good. These are the first IEMs I've owned with memory wire, so for the first few days I had trouble figuring out which side was left and which was right without looking at the (barely visible) markings on the housing. Once I got used to it they were very easy to put it. I use three fingers - I hold the housing with my thumb and index finger, and use my middle finger to push the memory wire over my ear. Push inwards, twist backwards, and it's in. Very little microphonics, and won't fall out during any type of physical activity unlike most universal IEMs.

Bass is definitely emphasized in a typical consumer-oriented fashion but not overwhelming and doesn't intrude too much into the mids. Mid-bass is balanced out with sub-bass which is nice. Too many consumer-oriented headphones end up a boomy, muddy, mid-bassy mess with no real extension into the sub-bass (cough*Beats*cough). These extend very well and still strong past 25Hz. It's not heavily textured like higher-end sets but still very musical - definitely not one-note bass.

Mids are clear and surprisingly linear for a budget set. Resolution and clarity aren't on par with my $100+ headphones or even the JVC FX31, but nothing to be ashamed of, especially at what these cost. Mids are on the lush, warm side of things but not overly thick.

My biggest problem with the M6 is a huge spike centred at 6k that makes the treble painfully harsh and bright. Mind you, this is with the tips I use, and with my ears. Everyone's ears hear differently so you may or may not have this problem. Using a free-form equalizer I was able to fix this, and otherwise the treble is very good. It doesn't have much sparkle but is extended and smooth.

Edit for clarification: in order to EQ out the 6k spike you will need a free-form equalizer such as the iOS "EQu" app. A narrow 4-6dB drop centred at 6k (back to neutral at 4k and 8k) will do the trick. A standard 10-band equalizer will likely not work as they typically only have bands at 4k and 8k, which would drop the whole 2k-16k range, resulting in a very dark sound with no treble. With the EQ fix, these earphones sound very decent against other budget-fi sets.

Pros: Seals like a champ, wide assortment of tips, abundant bass, well made cord

Cons: possible shrill upper mids

So, I've always used sealed or open back, over the ear, big boy headphones.

Tried a pair of garbage kinda-sorta-in-ear phones from best buy a couple years ago and hated every second of it. I was looking for something to wear on the subway that would both provide solid sound quality and wouldn't make my wallet sad if they fell apart after a year or so. I definitely found them.

For only 20 dollars, these are probably the best intro to canalphones I think you can find. The huge assortment of included tips not only ensure you'll find a pair that feel comfortable to you, but also help you learn what a bad, good, and great seal sound like.

As has been said, the low end on these things are remarkable. Likewise, at higher volumes, yeah, those upper mids could make you cringe, especially if you're used to really scooped out eq response headphones. This is, however, prior to burning them in. A little eq to bring down ~4-8 khz and these things are great even full blast. After a burn in I can only assume they'll sound even better.

The ear wire is fantastic. It really helps that seal from wriggling its way loose and seems like it really helps tone down the microphonics of the cable.

The way the plastic chunk that contains the driver and stuff fits in my ear is great. For me, it's super nice and snug, and inserting it feels super natural. I also really like that they have a sort of flat back, so I can just press flat against it to get a good seal.

At this price, I couldn't be happier. I'm excited to finally "get" in ear monitors.

Pros: Cheap, nice sound, nice isolation

Cons: Not very comfortable, rather hard to find seal, flex a bit

Very good sound for the price, at least the one I paid. Good bass, good vocals if tad laid back, and nice simmering treble if tad bright.

Isolation is good IF you can get good seal. I had to adjust the IEM several time to find the seal and comfort. Use the bi-flange for the best isolation second only to the triple-flange.

The nozzle is tad smaller than the usual universal IEM so finding flange replacement is a pain in the a**. You could wrap it with those water pipe isolation (which like thin layers of white plastic) several time to the nozzle so it will fit those universal flange/tip.

The driver flex a bit, and the finish is ok. My IEM shine layer is flake after several month of hard use.

For the price? It's a steal, IF you could find isolation and it's comfortable for you.

Pros: Clarity, fit, memory wire

Cons: honestly can't think of any

Got these for $20 shipped on Amazon, official sites had msrp at $50 but a price of $30.  In addition to the bargain I really can't find fault in these.  Even if you have some IEMs in a higher price bracket I recommend a pair in case of emergencies, you might not go back :P

Pros: Amazing quality, lots of bass, good separation, all for the price.

Cons: lots of bass, can get a bit harsh on the high end, sometimes congested.

These are amazing for the money. These are also my first decent earphones. Good bass, though there is a lot. Can get a bit congested and harsh during frenzied bits of songs. Comfort is good; I think I wore 'em backwards the first few times redface.gif. They're pretty cool looking. I had to use the smallest tips; getting a good fit can be difficult at first. Isolation is perfect; by that I mean that you can still hear important things going on, like that car you were about to step in front of etc.

Again, any criticisms are splitting hairs into atoms for this kind of money. I got these for $20 SHIPPED. 'Twas a killer deal.

MEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear)

Acoustically advanced MEElectronics M6 series earphones deliver clear, accurate sound from any portable music or DVD player. Over-the-ear design leaves the wires behind your body, best for your sports activities. Lightweight, in-ear design blocks out ambient noise better than many bulky battery-powered noise-canceling earphones. Enjoy full dynamic range of your favorite music and movies without cranking up the volume to unnatural, or even unsafe listening levels. 9mm drivers with neodymium magnets. Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz. Impedance: 16 ohms. Our earphones require proper seal to achieve best sound quality, please choose from provided tip sets that best fits your ears

BindingElectronics
Product GroupCE
Product Type NameHEADPHONES
PublisherS2E Inc
StudioS2E Inc
TitleMEElectronics M6-CL In-Ear Headphones (Clear)
UPC705105934747