One More Chance...

A Review On: MEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups, Adjustable Foldable Headband (Black)

BloodyPenguin

Pros: Portable, Lightweight, Powerful Mids, Crisp Bass

Cons: Ear Pressure, Painful Highs, Plasticky

I bought these on Cyber Monday for $15.  I read a lot of reviews and thought they might be a good inexpensive portable pair.

My problem, is I think I expected too much from the HT-21.

The best way to describe the sound is "Echoey/Clear".  The sound is slightly recessed, but at the same time, there are some sounds that come through powerful and clear.  It is the strangest thing.

The Highs are HIGH.  Painfully so.  An EQ is needed on any device you plan on playing these through, to subdue these tones.

The Mids are Powerful.  You can hear vocals come through in songs very well.  And in this respect, I actually enjoy using the HT-21 when I am watching a TV Show / Movie.  Dialog comes through perfectly clear.

The Bass is light, but very accurate.  And in this, the best part of the HT-21 is the light bass.

These are the least comfortable headphones I have ever worn.  The weird size of the pads places a lot of pressure on my ears.  I think this could be fixed slightly by stretching out the headband, but not by much.

I don't want to give up on the HT-21.  My less than par review is not going to stop me from listening to them.  I keep wanting to give these little cans "one more chance".

Perhaps your head is big, because I find that the clamp of the HT-21 is fairly soft, and so do others. A better seal with the pads will increase the bass and maybe round the signature out for you. Trying raising the pads maybe? After raising it by stuffing a piece of folded napkin under the pad I found the bass to be stronger than that of the Koss portapro -- which is a bassy can. But YMMV.
Nice review though.
Actually, I am 5'3" and have a small head. I agree modding them a little could help a little. I will have to try your suggestions, as what I said in my review, I am not ready to give up on these.
Hopefully the folded napkin trick will help and if I do notice a change, I will change my review accordingly.
Thank you very much for the response.
It won't be anything magical, but it may help a little. I personally cut out the cloth in the pad before raising the pads to distance the driver further. Glad to help.