Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › MDR-ZX100 Headphone - Stereo - Black - Mini-phone › MDR-ZX100 Headphone - Stereo - Black - Mini-phone Reviews

MDR-ZX100 Headphone - Stereo - Black - Mini-phone Reviews

Positive Reviews

Mshenay

Sony MDR Zx300 [Same driver Different Tune]

Pros: Forward, and aggressive. Very in your Face, Bass was nice, Price

Cons: Details, highs recessed, bass lacked real texture and tightness

I can see why so many people have these, ease of accesses. A very familiar sound signature and an inviting sound to most common music lovers!   Again, for the price it's not a terrible headphone. It's also very generic. Sounds like every boring stock Car Stereo you've all listened to growing up!    For the price and the looks it's not a bad can! [This is for the Sony MDR ZX300]

Negative Reviews

basshead2015

Sony MDR-ZX100

Pros: cheap, not terrible quality for the price, durable

Cons: uncomfortable, cheap, almost no bass

For only $20 these are good headphones. They are something you could pick up on a trip if you forgot your headphones, or if you want to give a younger person something that they wont break and still will sound pretty good.

More Reviews

Tsmmjr

Not what I expected for the Price Range

Pros: Frequency Range, Build quality ( Notes ) , Price of course.

Cons: Blaring Highs, Sound quality Poor is "meh" without equalization.

The MDR ZX100 were in my view at Bestbuy for 12 dollars and for such a price I of course picked them up and threw it in the bag.   Getting to the point, I have had these for a year and the overall quality is ok especially considering the price.   Build Quality - Although plastic, the quality is sturdy, I dont know what the other reviewers are talking about in terms of comfort because there is no comfort loss when wearing these for prolonged time due to their minimal weight. The plastic is no way "cheap" and will not break on less you intentionally step on them to break.    Lows: Hearing the subwoofer shaking lows with this pair is not going to happen, out of the...
codeblue315

MDR-ZX100 - Cheap yet affective

Pros: cheap, decent build, good range

Cons: uncomfortable after long hours, not comfortable while wearing glasses

I've used mainly on-ear headphones for the majority of my life. I tend to listen to music roughly 2-3 hours a day, sometimes up to 6 hours depending on what's going on. I bought these headphones mainly because I needed a quick replacement for a different pair of headphones that I had unfortunately broke. I was actually mildly impressed with what frequency range they do have, delivering pretty decent mids to upper lows, but falls short definitely in the sub-bass ranges. They do tend to over saturate the highs, but that could be a multitude of variables so that's not something I'm taking into much consideration. I'd say the most impressed I've been with these is when I fired up the...