Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Amp/DACs › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 › Reviews › SANDW1CH's Review

Great First Amp/DAC

A Review On: Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1

Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1

Rated # 2 in Amp/DACs
Quality
SANDW1CH
Posted · 27601 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Build quality and lots of input options

Cons: USB input does not support 24-bit/96Khz

I've only had this for a short time but I love it so far.  The xfi soundcard on my computer didn't have enough juice to power my HD650s so I got this to use as an amp and DAC.  I'm using the optical out from my soundcard instead of USB because the USB on this DAC does not support 24-bit/96Khz (it is resampled in the DAC).  This wouldn't be an issue except that I would like to hook my xbox 360 up using the optical connection, now I have to use RCA.  The tube didn't change the "warmth" of the sound as much as I expected or would have liked, but probably for the better.  This has been a great purchase and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good all-in-one solution for a reasonable price.

1 Comment:

Were you able to connect an Xbox 360 to your TubeMagic via optical? I tried but not successful.