Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 › Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 Reviews

Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 Reviews

Puranti

Great little amp for the price

Pros: rollable tubes, cheap, lot of power, speaker taps, good sound

Cons: volume knob can be noisy, not as clear and silent as a SS amp

Don't be mistaken this amp has a fantastic value for the money. If you need lots of power and speaker taps don't look further take this one. The only thing I regret is that the volume knob can do a harsh sound when you turn it to rapidly.
Iciban

Purchase I'll never regret

Pros: Warm, smooth sound. Sharp powerful base. Clarity. Great price

Cons: Don't have one so far

So I wanted to buy a desktop amp/dac. I’ve been searching around not only for great price, but great performance too. One of my friends told me about Maverick Audio and how he loved his D1. I went over and was blown away by the quality of the sound. So I decided to buy a D2 and A1 with the upgraded tubes. Let me say Ryan was a big help. He answered all my questions and not only that, but really quick too.  I received my order in only 3 days, which is really impressive. When i received my items. First thing I noticed was how well packaged it was. The built itself was top notch. The case is well built and with a brush metal finish. I finished setting up and I let it burn...
JustGr8

Good things in a small package

Pros: Warm and powerful sound, tube-driven phones amp, rollable tubes, powers speakers well, good build quality.

Cons: At this price point, zero.

I really wanted a small desktop amp for my bookshelf speakers but I also use headphones quite a bit. This amp not only offers me a great hybrid speaker amp bit it's a pre-amp and a solid tube-driven headphone amp as well. I play my music from an external HD, through a HRT music streamer II and then through this amp and I love it every time I hear it. All in all I can recommend this amp without hesitation and great customer service from the manufacturer is icing on the cake.
zooot

Delightful

Pros: Powerful, quiet, non-fatiguing, invisible, well built.

Cons: For the price, none.

I got the Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 DAC w/ GE 5670 Tube. It was magic right out of the box. Surprisingly good bass, clean midrange and treble, great soundstage, no noise. Incredible value, incredible service, incredible sound. Used as a companion with the Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 Hybrid Integrated Amplifier w/ Raytheon 6AK5 tube, lossless music from a 13" white MacBook into Klipsch KB20 loudspeakers or AKG 701 headphones. Very highly recommended.
project86

Swiss army amp

Pros: Ultra smooth and warm sound, rollable tubes, can actually power many speakers quite well

Cons: minor build quality issues

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/513019/review-maverick-audio-tubemagic-a1-integrated-amp-pre-amp-headphone-amp   That's my detailed review. In summary:   The Maverick A1 is an excellent tube headphone amp for the price, period. The fact that it is also a good tube pre-amp and hybrid amp for full sized speakers is just a bonus. The sound is ultra smooth and warm, with a great low end.   The amp section is powerful enough to work with lots of speakers provided they are reasonably efficient. You get surprising volume in small to medium sized rooms, with the same characteristic excellent bass response, smooth rich mids, and gently rolled off highs.   The one minor...