Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Marshall 04090800 Monitor Over-The-Ear Headphones - Black

Marshall 04090800 Monitor Over-The-Ear Headphones - Black

Rated #380 in Over-Ear

Pros: Great bass, clean and crisp mids and highs, powerful and sensitive enough without dedicated amplifier

Cons: Need to be eq-ed to me, can be uncomfortable after 2 hours of use

First of all, I love these headphones. I'm using it on a daily basis. Mostly for bass heavy electronic music, like noisia, phace, fourward and similar. I also like movie scores like alien resurrection, revenant, most of the junkie xl scores (mad max:fury road!) these are also bass heavy and orchestra pieces. Sometimes I listen classical and jazz, which is still great, but all of these needs eq for me.

My best source is my HTC m8 with PowerAmp. I also have a babyface pro interface, but this phone with the eq algorithms in PowerAmp is unbeatable.

For classical and jazz I prefer my Beyerdynamic DT 990 pro with the babyface pro, but that is not a mobile headphone.

So this is not neutral. By default, it has a little more bass, little more high mids and less highs. Without eq I wouldn't like so much. I put extra bass on it, and it can handle that well. The bass is in your brain. I remove some mids and add some highs.

Since it is closed, I can use during work next to my collegaues. They can't hear anything. So the isolation is really good.

After some time, it is a little constrict and need to be take off for few minutes.
No member lists contain this item yet.
Marshall 04090800 Monitor Over-The-Ear Headphones - Black

Marshall's Monitor Headphones embody the power and strength that is Marshall in a headphone with hi-fi prowess and epic sound. The first-ever over-ear model from Marshall Headphones, the Monitor's slender over-ear construction delivers superior noise isolation without the bulk, staying light on your ears during those late nights working tracks or long days just working. Monitor emits studio quality sound and allows for sound customization through the F.T.F. System - all in addition to its classic Marshall good looks. Monitor Headphones are embossed with a white script logo and black vinyl leather, evoking the spirit of those legendary vintage amps, while the heavy-duty cast metal hinges, brass accents and plug make it full-out roadworthy. Monitor's completely detachable double-ended coil cord with mic and remote can be worn on either the right or left side. Use the extra 3.5mm socket to share your music. When you're done, fold em up stow them away in the canvas carrying pouch for easy transport and safe storage.

BrandMarshall
EAN7340055308007
FeatureOver-ear construction completely covers your ears, meaning nothing gets in to distract you from your music. Double-ended coil cord with mic and remote is completely detachable so you can decide which side you prefer to wear it. Mic and remote allows you to pick up calls while listening to your music. When you are done using your Monitor, fold them down and stow them away in their canvas carrying case, embossed with a script Marshall logo.
LabelMarshall