Not bad for the £49 i got them for brand new!

A Review On: M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones

M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones

Rated # 265 in Headphones
Morph91

Pros: Bass, Comfort, Sound Quality

Cons: Build Quality isn't brilliant.

I purchased these brand new for £49 and it was a good buy! They are very bass orientated so if that's not your sort of thing i doubt you will like these that much. The mids and highs sound great even though the bass is so strong. Comfort wise for me personally these are comfortable, but i don't have a large size head or large ears. I have seen some people saying these are uncomfortable and they have changed the pads to some Beyer ones. I could happily listen to these with the stock pads for a long period without them hurting my ears or the top of my head. The build quality doesn't seem brilliant, i own the Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 and the build quality on them seems quite a bit stronger. The cable is removable and is actually pretty lengthy, the only downside to the cable is the fact that it is a thin cable and i prefer a coiled cable that stretches wherever i decide to use them. The jack is a 1/4 inch one but it screws off so you can use them with a portable media player or phone. They aren't heavy at all, in fact, they are actually very light. I used an Asus Xonar Essence STX and used the second gain option and they sounded fantastic. I did use them with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and they are 64ohms so they are pretty easy to drive, the volume from my phone was satisfactory using PowerAMP android player. I mainly listen to electronic music and i DJ for fun and these are a decent purchase. If like me you prefer headphones to be more bass orientated then these are great for listening to music with. They come with a carrying pouch which is of a leather material and the construction isn't bad. If you can grab them at a similar price to what i paid you are in for a treat! I would even say these are worth much more than what i paid for them.

This is my first review on here so please be nice ha ha!

Got them on the same amazon sale that you did, looking forward to using them!
Proper bargain! you wont be disappointed mate