Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Computer Speakers › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System Reviews

Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System Reviews

Showing 8 4-star reviews (see all 15 reviews)

mattphones

Big Bang

Pros: everything

Cons: it doesnt make coffee

Ill keep this short and sweet. I've had mine for four years and it has done every duty in the book that a set of speakers can do. Its been moved back and forth from dorm to dorm, apartment to apartment - all the while ensuring Im kicked out as soon as I arrive. These things rock!   The small speakers do tend to be outclassed by the bass driver. They get loud, but the dont project very well. This set is best suited for near-field use to medium sized bedrooms. Also, this set is perfectly acceptable as a bedroom surround system, its simply fantastic. I would buy again if this were to die.
peperico

I. Will. Never. Sell.

Pros: Bass. 3d sound. Immersive. Realistic. Powerful. Sexy.

Cons: Uhh...

this was (you cant buy it anymore as new) really the best all-in-one pc 5.1 surround sound system. basta.
mwijayak

Powerfull yet cheap

Pros: Powerfull for movie n game,cheap

Cons: not good for music

Yet for entry level Hometheater there is no deal better than this
Lunatique

Very good for the price

Pros: Variety of digital input formats and Dolby formats, remote, non-fatiguing sound

Cons: Typical crossover resonance, sub-bass resonance

When I decided to replace my crappy Creative Inspire P7800 7.1 Surround Speakers System with something a lot better, I was not after high-end surround sound for audio production or crazy audiophile home theater–I only wanted something that sounded fairly good and has a good sub-bass extension, so I can feel all the visceral power of video game action and movies. Even though I'm quite happy with my JVC/Victor SU-DH1 hardware Dolby Headphone virtual surround, no matter how good Dolby Headphone is for creating the illusion of surround sound, it’s still not quite as real as real surround sound (even though the hardware version of Dolby Headphone already sounds far superior to the software...
Dendie

Review From PC Gamer's Perspective

Pros: Optical input; Punchy bass; Good cable lengths supplied; Remote control; Removable speaker covers.

Cons: Display backlight failure common; Blue LED for power button dazzlingly bright in a darkened room.

The Review It says it all that after so many years these are still the top of the line in Logitech's PC speaker range. While many will be put off with the high asking price, they are worth every penny, and I don't say that lightly.   I picked mine up in 2008 on a special offer from Amazon and since then have never even considered upgrading. The convenience of having my PS3 connected over optical and my PC hooked up over 3x3.5mm mini-jacks was my main reason for justifying the expense. Having used them now for a couple of years the full 5.1 audio while gaming has become something it's very hard to play with out - anyone still playing with the speakers built into their TV or...
arcer63

Really good speakers, dont know about audiophile quality, but powerful

Pros: Detailed, powerful, variety of connections for a computer speaker system

Cons: Questionable wire provided, maximum distance of 6ft. from control unit to subwoofer.

Ive owned these speakers for a long time now, and I really like them. I purchased them on ebay (new) at an incredible price. There was no way I was going to pass this up. I love the styling of these speakers.   The audio quality is good, er... very good. Not incredible, but definitely better than most of the stuff out there for computers. These were one of the first high end purchases I made, and opened the door for me to explore new music. They have scaled pretty well as I have gotten into higher end audio, and I still enjoy using these speakers. They make everything sound pretty good. The bass can be a little bit sloppy sometimes, but its very good (and powerful) overall. These...