Best system for folks on a budget

A Review On: Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System

Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System

Rated # 1 in Computer Speakers
Quality
wpfloridian

Pros: Digital inputs, durability and great sound.

Cons: Despite THX certification, sound quality could be better.

In 2005 when surround systems (decent ones) were going to $1,000 I believed this was the deal to beat. Five years later...I still believe this is true. While it may not be an audiophile system..the sound is great, bass is plentiful..no let's say the bass is better than you ever expected it to be. for roughly $250.00 online..you will not find a system with digital inputs which work great with the cable box, XBOX consoles or PC music.

I am not crazy about the audio inputs (non-digital) which are just 1/8 connectors, LCD display not clear from a distance, no HDMI (which I do not care for), the remote is not lighted. I did compare it to the Klipsch, BOSE, Sony solutions which did not have all of the features Logitech has put together...

Take it for what it is a simple effective solution for watching TV and playing games via surround sound without breaking the bank. For high end applications; I have my high end headphones and stereo system. Hope this helps...

Comments: