Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Logitech UE 6000 › Reviews › SlimShadyMJ's Review

One of the best sounding headphones for $200

A Review On: Logitech UE 6000

Logitech UE 6000

Amazon.com
Noise Cacellation
SlimShadyMJ
Posted · Updated · 40235 Views · 4 Comments

Pros: Excellent mids. Great lows. Comfortable and non fatiguing.

Cons: Highs can be slightly better. Wire has little strain relief. ANC.

I would like to begin by saying that I am no "expert". I don't own expensive headphones, amps and such. The only experience I have with hi-fi headphones is through meets and such. I will do this review from a normal persons perspective. That means I will not use any amps or such things, instead drive them from things like iPods, phones and my laptop. I feel there are plenty of impressions of these with proper equipment so coming from a normal consumers point of view might help more. So without further adieu, lets get to it.

Equipment used:

-Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP flac

-Taylor Swift Safe and Sound (song) mp3 @ 320

-Daft Punk Random Access Memories flac

-MGMT Oracular Spectacular

NOTE:IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GOOD NOISE CANCELLING HEADPHONES, LOOK ELSEWHERE! IT ISN'T VERY GOOD AND IT MESSES WITH THE SOUND.

What you get for your money:

- soft, zipped carrying case

- headphone splitter

-wire with iPhone mic and controls

- the headphones themselves

Disclaimer: I have NEVER been to good at explaining sound and using proper terminology. This was the best I can do right now :/

Lets start with what I feel is the most important thing for headphones this size to get right. Comfort. If the headphone isn't comfortable, no matter how good it sounds, I don't want it on my head. To say these are comfortable is an understatement. I have had these for a while now (since March) and have worn them almost every day since. The pads have pretty much moulded to the shape of the side of my head/ear. All I have to say is, they are supremely comfortable. I wear glasses and feel no discomfort at all. I do not wear earrings so I cannot help those of you who do. One thing I will say though that might be a negative is that the clamping force on these is very light. When moving around, say in hallways at school or just standing in a train, they tend move a bit on the head and as such, you will have to readjust them (not a huge problem, it take a slight tap). They can be classified as "heavy" but you will never notice. And if you're like me and don't use ANC, removing the batteries certainly helps in this regard.

Now, the part most of you want to hear (get it :D) about: the sound.

I want to say, for those of you who believe in and care about burn in, I can safely say these are burnt in. Lets start from the lows and work our way up.

Bass heads, unless you want to use ANC constantly, look else where. That's not to say that the bass is weak in passive mode. It certainly has presence. It won't be a subwoffer attached to the side of your head, instead what you get is bass where and when it is needed without being too thumpy (only word I can think of to describe it) and muddy. It works great with hip-hop and pop music. It certainly won't bleed into the mids like a certain headphone might.....ahem.

If there is one thing I can say about the mids is that they are near perfect. Clear would be an excellent word to describe them. And that's all I got to say about that. /gump. Voices sound great.

Now the not as good part, depending on who you are. The highs. Slightly rolled off would be the best way to describe them. Though that's not a deal breaker at all. One excellent thing about the highs though is they are not sibilant what so ever so to those of you who feel the need to pause your music after a while due to listening fatigue, worry not. It has very consumer oriented highs. What I mean by that is that they won't have the most detail (still there though) and they're not perfectly placed, but they sound great and most, even audiophiles (they can be picky), shouldn't mind them (especially for on the go use).

The wire is something to be kind wary about. It's nicely made, tangle resistant and thick. I have had no problems with it and the buttons are great. The reason I wanted to mention the wire is because there isn't really any strain relief. That can lead to problems down the line but you shouldn't worry about it. It is replaceable and Logitech  UE sells replaceable ones for like 20 bucks. Just thought I should make a note of that for anyone curious about the wire.

The Design: Best looking headphone I have seen. Period. It certainly is a head turner, though I have the black one. If you really want to stand out, I recommend the white ones. They look absolutely stunning in person. This comparison has been used before but I can think of no better way of describing it. They look like an Audi R8. Sleek lines and all. If you choose the black ons, keep a microfibre cloth to wipe it down once in a while as it is a magnet for smudges and fingerprints.

Conclusion: If you're in the market for a pair of headphones, and have a budget of less than $300, you simply can't go wrong with these. Fun, non fatiguing and easy enough to drive without any extra amping and such, it's a great headphone for normal people and those who want good sound at a great price. Oh and they fold, which makes them just as great for on the go use as home use.

Thanks for reading :)

I just wanted to add that listening to barry white and marvin gaye on these is sweet. Sound great!
Great review, I have a pair of these too and I love 'em.
I have this headphone and agree with your assessment.  You may want to fix a typo; from context you mean "the highs ... are not sibilant whatsoever" rather than "the highs ... are sibilant what so ever."
Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed