Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Logitech UE 6000 › Logitech UE 6000 Reviews

Logitech UE 6000 Reviews

Sp12er3

Old but gold

Pros: A steal with its feature set; solid build; more comfortable than most; balanced sound in passive mode; ANC can also act as bass boost

Cons: lack of Warranty; no extra cable for home use, black color is fingerprint magnet, hoping for more forward mids

Originally published in my blog,tertulis dalam Bahasa Indonesia: https://randomnessdotco.wordpress.com/2016/07/21/logitechue6000review/   How the story goes: I find this headphone, which were hyped up to be a Beats Studio 2.0 killer back in 2013, on a pretty sweet deal of $36, with all the feature set it has, ANC, folding design, removable 3.5mm cable, I figures, Why The Hell not? and click the buy button on reflex, Short 2 days later a courier arrive knocking at my front door at 18 p.m. "Now, how does this one fares" was what i think   Company Background, UE (Ultimate Ears) used to mainly do business in Professional lvl IEM, founded by Jerrry Harvey, they...
maestrochin29

Smooth as silk

Pros: Very smooth and accentuated lows , The most comfortable pair i have ever seen or used , decent sound stage , well defined mids , price ,Good Isolation

Cons: Bad treble when it goes over the top ,

When listening to music , i used to plug in my razer electra's , not that its gone in the dumpster but it did give a solid sound. Now when i started to use my UE6000 the sound felt so different that it took me to a new level of listening. Like i stated in the pro  whatever genre of music plays the lows are very well defined that means the drums , keys and sounds that are normally drowned show up to an ever present smoothness. The mid's are a bit bait laid back but they contribute in making the sound refined and giving them this well textured layering that works well with everything over and below it. Now the lows and mid's are so separate yet chimed in that they sound beautiful when...
Trunks159

Fantastic At What It Was Built For!

Pros: Isolation, Accessories, Build, Bass-Mids, Underpriced

Cons: Upper Treble

I prematurely wrote a review on this that wasn't all too positive. However, after about a week, my impressions have changed. I swaer I have been listening to these nonstop. At least for 50 hours. Construction:7/10 Really good I think. They are built like Beats actually (studios), with similarities in the folding system, headband cushion, earpads, overall shape, and the active noise canceling. However, the actual materials are of much better quality. There's a good amount of strong plastics and metals within the design giving them a nice weight. The pads though aren't replaceable. I don't care that much since they're only $100 now. [EDIT: They have some creaks now. Very...
SlimShadyMJ

One of the best sounding headphones for $200

Pros: Excellent mids. Great lows. Comfortable and non fatiguing.

Cons: Highs can be slightly better. Wire has little strain relief. ANC.

I would like to begin by saying that I am no "expert". I don't own expensive headphones, amps and such. The only experience I have with hi-fi headphones is through meets and such. I will do this review from a normal persons perspective. That means I will not use any amps or such things, instead drive them from things like iPods, phones and my laptop. I feel there are plenty of impressions of these with proper equipment so coming from a normal consumers point of view might help more. So without further adieu, lets get to it.   Equipment used: -iPod touch 2nd gen -iPod nano 5th gen -iPod nano 6th gen -Sony Xperia S -Dell Inspiron 15   Music used: -Michael...
minhquancanon7d

amazing for the price

Pros: sound quality,look, price/perfomance ratio

Cons: little heavy, noise cancelling kinda sucks but it makes the sound that I like

These headphones are awesome, bought it in London and happy with it! Cool looking, good sound quality! Bass: I'm a basshead and I love the bass in the active mode and in passive mode it becomes neutral just like the sennheiser momentum Mids: sounds very good with vocal, little recessed in active mode Treble: can't say much, a little to non-sibilance depents on the song! Noise cancelling: decent, cant compare to my ie80 or sen cx980 in this case comfort: very comfortable although a little heavy and becomes hot after a while
Malfunkt

Good clarity, but darkish presentation masks some otherwise good technicalities. Stock tuning great for 'fun' beat driven music, with EQ it is better

Pros: Low second hand prices, somewhat loose but very rumbly bass, clarity, nice seal, pretty comfy, folds up neatly into a stylish bag, good for low volume

Cons: somewhat loose but very rumbly bass, downward sloped tuning, amp and NC mode not really needed but okay

Well I have the UE6000s on my head and the 7520s in front of me and I've been switching back and forth.  I purchased the UE6000s for about $65 CAD shipped! That is like, what a can of beans in the US? Definitely a great deal and lower than what I usually see them go for. This review is also in comparison to a the Sony MDR-7520 which is one of the best studio closed cans I've had the pleasure of using. The MDr-7520 is like a very refined and balanced MDR-1R Recently, I let a coworker listen to my 7520s , and immediately he was like "ugh, I don't like that its really hollow'. Then he went on to praise the music app on my Iphone saying he has never heard music so clear. ...
Bad Wolf

A consumer-friendly headphone that will also please the discerning audiophile. Cheap.

Pros: Luscious, deep bass. Warm, smooth, relatively clear mids. Beautiful design. Inoffensive sound signature.

Cons: Weak NC, Treble is a little too dark for my tastes.

Sound - Let's start off with the most important category.The sound is so smooth and warm, like a warm glass of milk. It's really quite comforting. They really work well with most genres. In Radiohead's "I Might Be Wrong", the bass line tickles the left ear with depth and decent detail, while the guitar occupies the right side with intimacy. While the snare sounds a little dull and Thom's vocals seem lacking in texture and timbre, it is not at all offensive. The treble is very laid back on these headphones. Too dark sounding in a lot of cases. An equalizer will help. On the other end of the musical spectrum, Swedish House Mafia's "Don't You Worry Child" sounds exciting and spacious....
registradus

Not as good as the CAL!

Pros: Cheap, Good Separation

Cons: Heavy

I picked these up for $50 (compared to $69 for the CAL! or $99 for the CAL!2).   Initial Impressions They are a bit heavier and clamp a bit tighter than the CAL! Removable cable is a plus, but a cable without a remote would have been appreciated.   They sound pretty good without the ANC turned on. Vocals are a little recessed. Good separation and detail. maybe a bit too much treble. Not as loud as the CAL! louder with ANC on and more bass, but reduced quality.   So far I'm not overly impressed, but will re-evaluate after burning-in and replacing the cable.
jsnwg

Great headphones for the price

Pros: Great sound quality, nice mids and lows, looks great

Cons: Not compatible with Android phones; A bit on the heavier side

I'm not an audiophile so my review would be from a layman's perspective. I've had these for more than six months and I love the sound quality. It wasn't great in the beginning but after sufficient "burn in" time, it started sounding better. The noise cancellation isn't that great but works pretty well. Your bass gets a boost when you turn on the noise cancellation feature. I really love the fact that you can turn it on/off. Why would I waste batteries when I'm not using noise cancellation? The headphones are a bit heavier when compared to competitors. You might feel the fatigue when listening for hours.    My top gripe is that the volume, play/pause control don't work with...
heavyarms

Great piece of cans that's comfortable and soothing especially at a discounted price of 70$-100$

Pros: Good bass and treble. Active mode enjoyable in few tracks - boosts bass and treble, portable, mic and volume control are added bonus

Cons: kinda big on head for my taste

Other Notes :  They did sound better with burn-in.  I wasn't impressed with the sound quality out of the box.  Active mode felt like sh!t then.